Unit Manager - RN
- Hillcrest Healthcare
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 15th 2018
- Knoxville, TN 37918
Responsible for supervision of the delivery of care to residents on assigned Unit. Assess resident needs, develop care plans, administer nursing care, evaluate nursing care, and supervise CNAs and other personnel in the delivery of nursing care.
Essential Job Functions
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Attend therapy meetings.
- Complete assessments of residents at admission and discharge from unit.
- Supervise nursing personnel assigned to the Unit.
- Document services rendered to residents in Unit for billing purposes.
- Write admission notes or evaluate admission notes and chart additional essential information.
- Identify and prioritize primary nursing problems. Place charting profile of prompters in front of chart.
- Develop care plan addressing immediate nursing problems.
- Attend weekly meetings, working with therapy and nursing department to optimize reimbursement and make decisions regarding decertification and discharge.
- Make daily rounds on the unit to monitor resident care and status or residents.
- Implement care plans for residents on the unit in compliance with physician’s orders.
- Implement established nursing policies and procedures on the unit, educating nursing support staff according to facility guidelines.
- Notify resident or legal representative of pending discharge 24 hours in advance.
- On date of discharge, chart complete discharge summary, to include discharge planning and referrals.
- Keep complete and accurate record of sign in/out sheets for staffing hours.
- Assign duties to LPNs and nursing assistants working on the unit, as directed.
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing in resolving grievances with nursing staff, family members, and residents.
- Promote favorable working conditions and relationships with the administration, medical staff, consultants, other departments, residents, family members, volunteers, agencies, and any other individual or group affiliated with Unit and the facility.
- Handle and report disciplinary action that requires immediate attention during your tour of duty in the absence of the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing and Administrator.
- Review charting on a weekly basis for accuracy and completeness. Verify that nurses’ charting correlates with what therapy is charting. Document in resident’s chart pertinent information about significant change in resident’s condition.
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with infection control and body mechanic procedures.
- Respond to need for staffing shortages by arranging for replacement staff.
- Supervise and perform treatments or venipunctures, as needed.
- Track infection control, exposure control, and resident care trends to provide proactive improvement. Identify areas of concern and offer recommendations and suggestions to the Director of Nursing.
- Fill in as Charge Nurse when necessary.
- Audit nursing charges as instructed by Director of Nursing.
- Inform Central Supply of any supplies that are needed for the Unit.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill & Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Registered Nurse with current state license.
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
Apply to Job