Unlicensed Staff/Certified Nursing Assistant/Personal Care Assistant
- St. Ann's Residence
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 23rd 2018
- Duluth, MN 55801
Join our caring team today!
Hours: As Scheduled
Responsible To: Director of Nursing (DON), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and RCS Supervisor
- Assist the resident with personal cares which may include all or some of the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering, rubbing with lotions, fingernail or oenail care if instructed to do so, medication administration, redirection of a confused client, and other cares as assigned.
- Assist with dressing, grooming and oral cares as assigned.
- Assist in use of hearing aids and glasses for clients.
- Answer calls from residents for assistance to determine resident's needs.
- Help each resident to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the RN per individualized care plan.
- Observe resident and report changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc…
- Medication administration/assistance as delegated by RN.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to RN.
- Attend staff meetings and mandatory in-service training.
- Light housekeeping tasks such as dusting and cleaning resident's room, changing bed linens, and launder resident's personal laundry.
- Escort residents or assist residents to walk. Assist with transfers as needed.
- Assist resident with continence care.
- Complete appropriate documentation on each resident as warranted. May include electronic charting. Basic computer knowledge is essential.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and documentation on each client.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Speak clearly.
- Listen and get clarification.
- Respond well to questions.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Must be punctual, with a good attendance record.
- Follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable using calm and kind tone of voice, remaining calm in difficult and unusual circumstances.
- Promote independence with residents offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently. Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person(s) with an alternate plan.
- Maintain confidentiality for residents and staff.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Take responsibility for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow St. Ann's guiding principles: Respect, Compassion, Responsibility, and Teamwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, bend, stoop and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Push up to 75 pounds.
All employees are required to complete a thorough physical assessment through Essentia Health Occupational Medicine within 30 days of hire and authorize the release of this information to St. Ann's.
The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment consists of the entire facility including resident's rooms. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to minimal.
- Inside work while assisting clients.
- Outdoor exposure while escorting residents to/from appointments.
- Minimal exposure to Blood-borne Pathogens, Infectious Diseases.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals and respiratory hazards is possible.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonable related duties as signed by the supervisor or other management.
Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
Apply to Job