Public Health Nurse
- Summit County Government Public Health
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 28th 2018
- Gypsum, CO 81637
Summit County Government Public Health Full Time Public Health Nurse
This is an opportunity to work in a flexible, challenging and rewarding environment. Primary responsibilities are Immunizations, Consultation and General Public Health. BS in nursing required. Bilingual helpful English/ Spanish.
Benefit package includes health insurance, vacation and retirement.
Public Health Nurse Job Responsibilities:
Maintains the public's health by providing health services and information.
Public Health Nurse Job Duties:
• Serves patients by visiting homes; determining patient and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services and treatments; referring patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies.
• Helps the community health care team by coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services; participating in case conferences with physicians, hospital and rehabilitative personnel, and representative of other agencies.
• Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of patient; maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members; teaching home nursing, maternal and child care; providing instructions in other subjects related to individual and community welfare.
• Safeguards health of children by participating in child health conferences, school health; providing group instruction for parents; conducting immunization programs.
• Arranges convalescent and rehabilitative care of sick or injured persons by cooperating with families, community agencies, and medical personnel.
• Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending changes in processes; implementing changes.
• Keeps vehicle and equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply to Job