ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS - Graduate Nursing Program
- South University - Columbia
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 1st 2018
- Columbia, SC 29201
SOUTH UNIVERSITY - Columbia Campus
South University is seeking qualified applicants for
Adjunct faculty positions within the MSN Graduate Nursing Program
DNP or Ph.D. in Nursing with FNP certification required.
Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
Active, valid, and unencumbered state licensure or certification as applicable to the discipline.
At least six months teaching experience at South University or another post-secondary education institution preferred.
This is an in-classroom position located on South University - Columbia Campus
Click the "Apply Button" to email CV.
(Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
1. DNP or PhD in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution, with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline) required.
2. FNP Certification required.
3. Successful record of increasing responsibility or project/initiative leadership within a university or industry setting.
4. At least 1-2 years teaching experience at another post-secondary education institution (preferred).
5. Active, valid, and unencumbered state licensure or certification as applicable to the discipline.
6. Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction (preferred).
7. Practical experience in the discipline of the program and knowledge of current best practices (in field).
8. Evidence of management potential (preferred).
1. Strong leadership skills.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with students and Faculty.
3. Excellent time management and attention to detail.
4. Excellent critical thinking, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills.
5. Excellent teaching skills as evidenced in prior teaching evaluations.
6. Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills) and experience with computerized learning management systems.
1. Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
2. Ability to develop professional rapport and work effectively, cooperatively, and flexibly in a diverse team environment.
3. Ability to read, understand, interpret, and implement academic policies and procedures.
4. Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from students and Faculty.
5. Ability to effectively present information to employees, students, Faculty, Academic and Campus Leaders, and Corporate Leaders.
6. Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
7. Ability to physically work in the United States while performing all responsibilities of the position for the University.
8. Ability to embrace change.
9. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, and academic journals.
Apply to Job
- Faculty Positions - College of Nursing Columbia SC 29201
- Adjunct Faculty Positions Undergraduate / Graduate Programs Columbia SC 29201
- Hospitalist Physicians Columbia SC 29201