We are currently accepting applications for part-time RN/LPN to work in our Mt. Carmel Continuing Care Retirement Community. Holiday and weekend rotation required.
Education: Associate Degree required
1. Foster and affirm the mission, core values and philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
2. Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business.
3. Participate in the admission, transfer and discharge process of all residents to and within the Mount Carmel CCRC;
4. Provide leadership in conducting resident rounds. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care each shift relevant to level of care; report all pertinent information or resident condition to Care Manager and/or Coordinator of Health Care Services; document in resident chart as appropriate;
5. Contact physician regarding changes in resident conditions as necessary;
6. Receive, transcribe, process and implement new orders prescribed by physicians;
7. Receive report from previous shift, give report to oncoming shift; passing on pertinent information relevant to the continuity of care of the residents;
8. Assure Elderly Waiver documentation is complete on each shift;
9. Assign, mentor and supervise activities of nursing assistants and medication aides in the performance of their duties and complete performance appraisals, keeping CCRC Nursing Supervisor informed of performances;
10. Assure a safe environment for residents and staff by following established policies and procedures;
11. Maintain infection control by following universal precautions as established by OSHA;
12. Facilitate an environment of wellness, promoting maximum independence for each resident;
13. Administer medications and treatments in accordance with Iowa Code of Nursing.
Paid Vacation/Sick Leave/Holidays
For more information about Sisters of Charity, BVM, visit us on-line at:
Candidates who feel called to apply may complete an application at Caritas Center (same address as below) to apply in person.
Apply to Job