RN, Clinical Service Manager
- CenterLight Health Systems
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 9th 2018
- New York, NY 10001
RN, Clinical Service Manager
CenterLight Health System
A CAREER OFFERING PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL FULFILLMENT!
Since 1920, CenterLight Health System has provided exceptional, high-quality homecare for patients in the New York metropolitan area. CenterLight Health System offers residential and community-based services. At CenterLight Health System, we embrace the values of integrity, caring, diversity and creativity through everything we do. If you are a team player with similar values and are looking to grow in your career, we are looking to invest in you. We seek dedicated professionals from diverse backgrounds and sectors that want to make a difference!
Under the direction of the Clinical Service Director you will supervise Community Health Nurses, LPNs, Social Workers, PTs, OTs, Therapeutic Recreation Specialists and Registered Dietitians. The resourceful, proactive, independent professional we seek will coordinate multi-disciplinary integrated care in the community, Day Health Center, Diagnostic & Treatment Center and throughout the continuum of care.
· Supports the Interdisciplinary Team to develop and execute a personalized care plan that results in improved satisfaction & outcomes for all participants.
· Ensures the delivery of high quality care delivery and care management.
· Ensures complete and accurate documentation for all participants.
· Ensures timely facilitation of care planning.
· Manages timely completion and consistent execution of all processes and aspects of participant’s involvement in PACE program.
· Manages, follows ups with all hospital admissions and coordinates with Interdisciplinary Team all discharges.
· Maintains up-to-date membership.
· Collaborates with the collection of data for operational metrics geared towards ensuring participants are treated in the right venue at the right time and at the right cost at the highest levels of quality.
· Works as Manager on-call on a rotation basis.
· Investigates and assists in documenting and resolving customer issues and grievances in a timely, accurate, and courteous manner.
· Ensures all incidents are documented, investigated and addressed accordingly.
· • Manages and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the community nurses (RNs) and LPNs under their direct supervision.
· Participate in all quality assurance and regulatory compliance activities to ensure appropriate regulatory certifications.
· Ensures avoidable hospitalization and SNF placement are intercepted and avoided by creating realistic interventions to maintain participants safely in the community by utilizing all services available at the PACE center.
· All SNF Acute/Short term admissions are closely monitored.
· Maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of PHI.
· Supports staff, student, and volunteer orientation and ongoing in service education as requested.
· Supports organizational activities by participating in quality improvement activities, special projects, internal and/or external committees, community activities and other duties as assigned.
· Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development; maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills.
· Makes the needs of participants their central focus, and finds innovative ways to provide an exceptional experience.
· Develops and maintains positive “customer” relationships (“customer” is defined as co-workers, participants, visitors, vendors, supervisors).
· Communicates with customers in a caring, helpful, considerate and culturally sensitive manner.
· Suggests and implements customer-centered service improvements.
· Ensures that direct reports conduct their duties according to applicable rules and regulations as well as organization’s policies and procedures.
· Evaluates the work performance and competency of direct reports.
· Encourages Accountability. Follows organization’s policies regarding disciplinary action.
· Develops individual professional development plans with direct reports, including the identification of in service training needs and interests.
· Investigates and resolves employee grievances and complaints. Engages with Human Resources as appropriate.
· Manages and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Community Health Nurses (RNs) and LPNs under their direct supervision.
· Baccalaureate degree in Nursing - Successful completion of an accredited Nursing Program required. Baccalaureate degree highly preferred.
· Completed NYSED approved infection control coursework. A minimum of 8.0 education contact hours that may include contact hours of mandatory training requirements such as infection control coursework
· Minimum of one (1) year general clinical experience in a certified home health agency (CHHA), acute care, medical surgical, and/or critical care; Nursing Home experience required.
· Clinical experience must be within one (1) year from date of hire or transfer required.
· Customer Service experience required.
· Minimum of one (1) year experience working with the elderly.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Current active and unrestricted license and registration in New York State required as a Registered Nurse.
· Bilingual Preferred.
· Current Driver’s License, required insurance and car available for work as required.
· Strong typing, communication, organizational, observation, communication and judgment skills.
· Is self-directed with ability to work with or without supervision.
· Available to travel a minimum of 75% of business time to Participant’s Homes within the New York metro area
· Must be able to work weekends.
· Proficient in use of a computer for email, word processing, research, and maintenance of Participant records
Learn more about our Generous Vacation and Time Off Plans, Flexible and Remote Working options for select positions, Tuition Reimbursement and MORE! Please email your resume to: LSullivan@centerlight.org
CenterLight Health System
Care and compassion for generations, serving the New York Community for more than 90 years!
Apply to Job
- NYC,New York-Nurse Practitioner Position Available! New York City NY