- Journey Mental Health Center
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 13th 2018
- Madison, WI 53711
We have an opening for a Psychotherapist/Addictions Specialist in our Outpatient Services program! The Psychotherapist/Addictions Specialist position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services provided in conjunction with other staff. Services provided by this position may include assessment, treatment planning, referrals and case management. The Psychotherapist/Addictions Specialist provides direct services and case management to consumers within Outpatient Services and must be licensed to bill SUD services.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency's belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Psychotherapist/Addictions Specialist reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Clinical Team Manager. Minimum annual service hours are 1325. This position is included in the Professional Bargaining Unit.
Bachelor’s degree in a related behavioral health field, with a SAC, CSAC or SUD specialty.
- 2 years of experience in a related behavioral health field.
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural diversity and inclusion as demonstrated by: valuing diversity, recognizing personal limitations and having the desire to improve.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge of evidence based practices for treatment of mental health and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and substance abuse assessment, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by past experience in community based work with related professional references.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and consumer’s needs.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Experience with use of evidence based practices in mental health, and substance abuse.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to initially evaluate mental health, as well as alcohol and other drug use issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner.
- Provides a range of clinical services in conjunction with program staff including outreach, assessment, treatment planning, referral, and case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values, and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other information in a timely manner.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
Apply to Job