- Journey Mental Health Center
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 13th 2018
- Madison, WI 53711
Journey Mental Health Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency's belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of children, youth, families and adults. Individuals from all walks of life are strongly encouraged to apply.
We have an opening for a Registered Nurse in our Kajsiab House program! The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing services to diverse populations. S/he provides culturally sensitive care and services to consumers and works closely with a multidisciplinary team to plan, coordinate and deliver medication services that are recovery oriented and trauma informed.
BENEFITS THAT COME WITH WORKING AT JOURNEY!
Journey is on the cutting edge of providing services to those in our community who suffer from substance use, mental health and related medical illnesses. We are a training ground for local colleges and others in the behavioral healthcare field. Our staff includes clinical interns as well as seasoned employees who have decades of longevity!
Journey has a long-standing reputation as a training home and provides opportunities to earn post-degree supervised hours to qualify for licensure. Journey is an ACEP (Approved Continuing Education Provider) organization with national status. Journey provides ongoing trainings that satisfy continuing education requirements for licensure renewal and a Substance Use Disorder series designed to earn certification as a Substance Use Counselor. Trainings are generally provided at the main campus and are at no cost to staff to fulfill Journey's mission of being a center of excellence.
COMPENSATION FOR CREDENTIALS
As staff increase their knowledge, the value to consumers, the community and other Journey staff is heightened. As a result, Journey provides additional compensation to staff as they obtain degrees, licenses and certifications.
Journey provides a wide variety of services, ranging from general counseling, hospital and jail diversion programs to providing resources to specific cultures in our community. With our continuous growth, opportunities for movement throughout our agency are numerous.
To insure a healthy life/work balance we offer paid time off your first year in addition to 9 paid holidays! If you qualify, also included are health, dental, life, disability, long-term care insurances. Our retirement options include both a 403b and a fully vested pension plan after just one year!
If you are interested in making a difference in your community, we would appreciate the opportunity to review your application!
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Current licensure with the state of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse
- Fluent in Hmong
- Experience working with individuals who have mental health and/or substance use disorders or other behavioral health issues.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams with prescriber, counselors, and crisis service workers.
- Ability to work in collaborative relationships with a variety of disciplines and philosophies.
- Commitment to provide culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, and trauma informed services to diverse populations.
- Commitment to provide community based services for persons with multiple needs and inadequate resources in addition to providing direct service.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and a creative participant in a changing system.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle.
Typical Physical Demands
May require driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and consumer’s needs.
BSN or MSN
DELIVERY OF CLINICAL SERVICES
- Ensure that services are culturally sensitive, promote principles of recovery, are trauma informed and promote consumer participation.
- Work with case managers, therapists, and prescribers to ensure that medication is integrated into consumer recovery plans.
- Maintain contact with consumers to a degree sufficient to monitor and assess progress towards medication compliance.
- Assess medical / mental status and side effects and report observations back to the clinical team.
- Contribute to the functioning of the JMHC clinical teams, supporting and covering for other team members as necessary while engaged in nursing duties including answering the phones, monitoring the medication rooms, processing refill requests and medication evaluations from prescribers and perform nursing triage duties.
- Participate in arranging crisis management services as clinically and programmatically appropriate and necessary.
- Coordinate clinical services with those of other JMHC areas and outside agencies and assist in problem resolution around clinical issues.
- In coordination with the clinical team assist in coordinating admissions and discharges.
- Participate in program meetings, training programs and other designated program functions.
- Participate in JMHC-wide training programs and community education as assigned
- Complete all other assignments / duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor or Medical Director.
Apply to Job