Staff Registered Nurse
- St. Ann's Residence
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 13th 2018
- Duluth, MN 55801
Join our caring team today!
Position: Staff Registered Nurse
Job Summary: The role of the Registered Nurse is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. Must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff and family members, display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members. The RN will assist with training of staff in medical procedures and policies which are current and up to date.
- Complete initial assessment of potential residents to assure that their needs will be met.
- Assure residents maintain admission criteria, reassess and recommend alternative placement if necessary.
- Implement service agreements with residents needing RCS services. Reviews and revises service plan as needed and a minimum of one time per year. Performs 14 day assessment for any change in services.
- Assure residents have up to date care plans.
- Monitors and maintains resident's charts and clinical progress notes. Documents all instances of resident and family communication in the chart.
- Communicates to family and physicians and other personnel changes in resident's needs or conditions in a timely manner.
- Facilitates coordination of resident services with other service providers.
- Is responsible for ordering medications and all medication renewals as well as any necessary follow up with physicians regarding medications and/or medical conditions.
- Assure all physicians orders are signed and implemented within 24 hours.
- Fills weekly medication boxes for medication administration by unlicensed staff.
- Assures the medication administration procedures are followed properly and discusses any needed correction, errors, etc., with staff.
- Reviews service recaps for services provided and ensures staff document correctly for all services.
- Completes and teaches delegated tasks for residents.
- Communicates any information staff need to be aware of.
- Complete Incident Reports and related documentation.
- Documents disposal of medication per procedure.
- Performs clinical updates 14 days after admission and at least every 90 days thereafter.
- Works as a team player with all members of the residents care team.
- Assist in providing health and medication training to all new employees as well as continued education for all staff and documents such training to assure compliance with state, federal and local regulations. A minimum of 8 in-services must be attended per year.
- Supervises medication practices and medical equipment being used in the building.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must demonstrate leadership, good judgment, and dependability.
- Maintain confidentiality for residents and staff.
- Must be knowledgeable and accurate in the administration of medications and treatments.
- Assures that staff clearly understands and follows all resident care procedures.
- Monitors staff for accuracy of resident's blood pressures, weights and pulses as requested.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings and mandatory training in-services.
- Assists in ensuring that emergency procedures are in place.
- Is flexible and willing to expand and adapt to changes in the Assisted Living industry.
- Willing to promote St. Ann's positively in the community.
- Promotes a positive, team approach and a healthy work environment.
- Is available for on-call medical questions and/or emergencies via telephone.
- Assists in assuring compliance with regulations and is available for state and federal licensure surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota as an RN
- Must maintain current licensure
- Must be punctual, with a good attendance record.
- Follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use computers and electronic records.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable using a calm and kind tone of voice, remaining calm in difficult and unusual circumstances.
- Promote independence with residents offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently. Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person(s) with an alternate plan.
- Maintain confidentiality for residents and staff.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Take responsibility for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow St. Ann's guiding principles: Respect, Compassion, Responsibility, Team work.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment consists of the entire facility including resident's rooms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to minimal.
- Inside work while assisting clients.
- Minimal exposure to Blood-borne Pathogens, Infectious Diseases.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Exposed to body fluids, infection, odors and behavior of residents.
- Must be able to move throughout the work day and throughout the building.
- Must have adequate vision and hearing to meet the requirements of this position.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Some travel to meetings and seminars may be required.
- Travel to other local facilities or primary residence for initial intake screening of prospective residents.
- While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to examine clients, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. In addition, the job requires: walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching overhead and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All employees are required to complete a thorough physical assessment through Essentia Health Occupational Medicine within 30 days of hire and authorize release of this information to St. Ann's.
The job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as requested by the Director of Nursing and other management.
Apply to Job
- Unlicensed Staff/Certified Nursing Assistant/Personal Care Assistant Duluth MN 55801
- Licensed Practical Nurse Duluth MN 55801