- Monmouth Cardiology Associates
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 27th 2018
- Eatontown, NJ 07724
MONMOUTH CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES, LLC
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for both the provision of nursing care and the coordination of care for the patient in collaboration with the physicians
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Nurse Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
- Assess and collect patient data per protocols (history and physical, blood pressure checks, post procedure checks, pre procedure evaluations, emergency visits, all nurse visits)
- Formulate and document nursing care plan based on MD’s plan of care, then implement the plan safely and clearly
- Triage and review incoming phone calls and appropriately respond in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Counsel and provide health education to patient and family members
- Document on each patient’s record all observed or expressed health care needs
- Provide patient care in a safe, comfortable and private environment
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for professional practice and for continued professional growth
- Assist in IV therapy if nuclear lab request
- Provide emergency medical care with physician if the need arises based on BLS and ACLS guidelines
- Evaluate protimes and advised therapy based on protocol
- Review lab results and call patients with results based on physician recommendations
- Counsel patients in medications, procedures, and diet
- Monitor and process all incoming patient tests through the computer interface system
- Triage nurse phone calls
- Responsible for “on call” INRs
- Monitor and process nursing tasks
- Performs others duties assigned
EDUCATION: High School or GED required. BSN degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing/practical nursing required.
EXPERIENCE: One year professional nursing experience, cardiology experience preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Maintain current RN/LPN license. Maintain current BLS/ACLS certifications. Maintain 15 Credits continuing education annually. Physical assessment skills including EKG, blood pressure and H&P. Knowledge of tests performed in MCA and interpretation of the results based on physician recommendations. Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of emergency protocol and to react calmly and effectively in those situations. Ability to apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Ability to do a physical assessment on patients and identify normal assessment verses abnormal assessment. Adherence to all policies and procedures, including confidentiality, safety, performance, attendance, punctuality, and personal grooming and appearance. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to speak and write in a professional, courteous, and concise manner. Accept and utilize feedback and constructive criticism.
Page 2 - Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
- Excellent interpersonal, typing, and organizational skills
- Excellent use of computers, printers, telephones, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, problem solve, and prioritize responsibilities
- Work well both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrate efficient use of time and ensure work is accurate and of high quality
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, colleagues, physicians, and the public
- Successfully manage interactions with challenging or difficult people
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, walking, and driving to medical offices and hospitals; normal vision, speaking, and hearing; hand dexterity for telephone use, computer use, physical assessment, patient assistance and lifting.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Medical office environment and hospital settings. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Essential functions, education, experience, requirements, skills, physical/mental demands, and working conditions may change as needs change.
Apply to Job