Philanthropy Officer, Social Media Operations Assistant
- SOUTHERN VERMONT COLLEGE
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Mar. 28th 2018
- Bennington, VT 05201
SOUTHERN VERMONT COLLEGE IS HIRING!
The following staff positions are open and waiting to be filled: Philanthropy Officer, Annual Giving & Social Media Operations Assistant (Office of Admissions) Special Assistant to the President Student Financial Services Coordinator
March 20, 2018
Southern Vermont College seeks an experienced professional to serve as Philanthropy Officer, Annual Giving and Social Media in the Office of College Advancement. This is a full-time, twelve-month appointment for a talented individual to grow an emerging annual fund and comprehensive fundraising program and to help advance the mission of a national liberal arts college. The successful candidate will have prior fundraising experience, be technologically sophisticated including social media, possess extraordinary organizational and communication skills, and have considerable experience managing confidential matters in a complex administrative office. Anticipated start date for the position is in the late spring.
Because the incumbent will work directly with alumni, staff and faculty, and the greater community, the successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and quickly acquire knowledge of College policies, procedures, and operations. Reporting to the Vice President of College Advancement, the Philanthropy Officer will collaborate closely with the College Advancement team to achieve successful fundraising goals. He or she will implement, evaluate, and achieve highly successful programs for the annual fund including emphasis on solicitation through annual appeals, social media campaigns, and personal solicitations. The incumbent must be able to work with measures of success defined in terms of contacts, commitments, and gifts made with an emphasis on building lasting philanthropic relationships for the College.
The position will require frequent local travel and occasional overnight travel to conduct donor meetings and alumni events.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years of relevant experience;
- Track record of successful fundraising experience;
- Knowledge of fundraising strategy and process;
- Unflappable disposition with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including use of persuasive language;
- Highest ethical standards and sound judgement;
- Experience managing and implementing social media strategies within a broad range of contemporary social media platforms;
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities, set goals, and motivate others to achieve established goals and objectives on a timely basis;
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with donors, prospects, campus leaders, volunteers, and key partners;
- Ability to understand and represent a progressive liberal arts college with a diverse student body and constituency;
- Ability to manage confidential information and contact with internal and external constituencies with flexibility, discretion, tact, and sensitivity;
- Extensive experience with the full Microsoft Office suite in addition to basic knowledge of fundraising database platforms such as Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, Advance, CAMS, Millennium;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Preferred qualities include
- Experience in a small educational institution;
- Experience handling and working with quantitative and qualitative information;
- Interest in the mission of a small, liberal arts college;
- High energy, style and drive that seeks out and seizes positive opportunities;
- Entrepreneurial mindset complimented with resourcefulness, creativity, and the ability to work independently;
Apply to Job