- university village
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Apr. 4th 2018
- Tulsa, OK 74137
UV is the wonderful community it is because of our team. We see our role in serving our residents as a calling, and that means going the extra mile to exceed expectations every day. If you have a passion for helping others and love working in a team based, friendly environment, we invite you to join the UV team today! RN Weekend Doubles Job Summary: Works under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
The primary function and relationship to the total organization is to supervise and assist the nursing staff in providing the health care ordered for residents and to provide nursing consultation to other University Village residents as needed. Communicates appropriately with the interdisciplinary team, including the resident and their family members, in order to provide a continuity of care to our residents.
- Responds to emergency needs of residents and employees. Makes proper referrals.
- Administers injections as ordered; assures administration of other medications as ordered.
- Assesses residents potential needs, makes necessary referrals; provides specific nursing care as required to promote the highest quality of life.
- Communicates with physicians, staff, residents, and residents significant others, and the interdisciplinary team, to facilitate continuity of care.
- Supervises performance of CNAs, CMAs, and Restorative Aides; provides needed instruction and counseling for improvement of their performance. These may include, coaching, verbal, written warnings and may assist with annual performance appraisals for the subordinate staff.
- Practices universal precautions and infection control.
- Assures proper response of personnel to fire and safety events.
- Maintains and upgrades skills in nursing practice, leadership, and management.
- Delegates non-licensed duties as needed.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by participation as team leader.
- Demonstrates flexibility and dependability in job assignments.
- Performs ancillary duties as needed (cart count, cleaning, re-stocking, etc.)
- Seeks clinical learning experience on the unit.
- Reads, follows, and ensures compliance of new and existing procedures, policies, and unit changes.
- Attends mandatory company sponsored in-services.
- Is aware of the responsibilities of a licensed nurse.
- Acts as a preceptor to other nursing staff and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Performs treatments on residents as necessary.
- Records supplies used for residents so proper charges are done.
- Performs diabetic finger sticks accurately/maintains diabetic flow sheets.
- Interacts and communicates with fellow staff in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations. Follows proper safety procedure and utilizes proper protective equipment at all times.
- Adheres to University Village Attendance Policy.
- Represents University Village in a proper and professional manner by demonstrating and promoting compliance with the Quality First Customer Service Standards.
- Performs other necessary duties as assigned.
- Implement care directly from care plans coordinated from MDS Coordinator.
- Helps oversee the dining room during meal time. Education: Graduation from accredited School of Nursing Currently licensed in the State of Oklahoma.
Previous experience as practicing nurse, post graduation, preferably in geriatrics. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Highly developed interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communications skills. Multi-tasked oriented. Ability to be on time for work Works effectively under pressure and on short deadlines. Demonstrates effective organizational skills. Exhibits maturity and the ability to deal efficiently and professionally with residents and staff. Demonstrates a customer first approach to problem solving.
Apply to Job