Service Coordination Manager
- Driscoll Children Hosp
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- May. 1st 2018
- Brownsville, TX 78520
The Service Coordination Manager is responsible for the daily operations, training and evaluation of service coordination staff as well as dissemination of information to the staff related to benefits, operations and policy.
The Manager participates in ongoing development of policies and procedures for kids with special needs program. The Manager provides leadership to facilitate clinically appropriate and fiscally responsible patient care through communication with other members of the health care team.
Position will require some travel within service area.
• Bachelor’s degree (BSN) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience in managed care, STAR+Plus, children with special health care needs, or long term services and supports preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse with one year of experience as a case manager or managed care case/utilization management experience preferred.
• Minimum of three (3 years prior management experience in health services within a managed care organization preferred.
• Must have an in depth knowledge of the State of Texas’ managed care and managed Medicaid process preferred.
• Previous experience with the State of Texas STAR+PLUS program or similar programs dealing with SSI and disabled children preferred.
• Knowledge of Medicare preferred.
• MNLOC/RUG certification preferred
About this company Driscoll Children’s Hospital is a 189-bed pediatric tertiary care center with pediatric specialists representing 32 medical and 13 surgical specialties offering care throughout South Texas, including Corpus Christi, the Rio Grande Valley, Victoria, and Laredo. Through the vision and generosity of its founder, Clara Driscoll, Driscoll Children’s Hospital opened in 1953, becoming the first, and remains the only, free-standing children’s hospital in South Texas. In 2016, Driscoll had almost 171,000 patient visits, including nearly 38,000 patients seen at South Texas’ first emergency room created specifically for pediatrics. Location/Region: Mcallen, TX (US
Apply to Job
- RN Clinical Educator Brownsville TX 78520