Director of Nursing (DON)
- Hamilton Long Term Care
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Sep. 29th 2018
- Dalton, GA 30720
Director of Nursing (DON) Ridgewood Manor Health and Rehabilitation Dalton, GA
Ridgewood Manor Health and Rehabilitation
Examples of Duties Performed:
- Plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations governing our nursing center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to provide appropriate care.
- Operate the nursing department in accordance with the organization’s established guidelines, and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Direct, evaluate, and supervise patient care as necessary.
- Manage the nursing department’s annual budget.
- Possess the ability to educate, lead, mentor, and supervise department associates.
- Communicate well with patients and family members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to family, visitors, patients and responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor, answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
- To be considered for this opportunity applicants must:
- Have an RN nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a long-term care setting.
- Have education, training and/or experience in one of the following: rehabilitative nursing and/or geriatric nursing. Possess ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Be capable of maintaining effective working relationships with patients, family members, department heads and fellow staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity /Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Drug-Free Workplace
Apply to Job