Employee Health Nurse
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 1st 2018
- Chattanooga, TN 37403
HEATEC, Inc. is seeking an Employee Health Nurse to coordinate and implement the Employee Health and Safety Program in conjunction with the EHS Director, EHS Coordinator, and Human Resources Department.
Provides triage for on-the-job injuries and acts as the injury coordinator for the facility by monitoring, tracking and follow-up on employee injuries and health and safety issues in the work environment. Administers the company’s benefits program and actively educates and promotes a health and wellness program for employees to strengthen Heatec’s commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits -- Manage the required physical evaluation programs and services to meet regulatory requirements such as OSHA and Department of Transportation.
- Document all employee injuries and illnesses within the workplace as well as monitoring the health status of employees.
- Assess and treat injuries and illnesses (as appropriate) for employees including follow-ups and referrals.
- Counsel employees on physical and mental health issues and guide them toward community resources and/or employee assistance programs.
- Administer the company’s Drug-Free Workplace Program.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation claims with third-party administrator, when needed.
- Collaborate with outside resources for program development, such as healthcare providers, third party administrators, legal advisors, medical director, regulatory agencies, etc.
- This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required. BSN preferred; RN license required.
- Minimum of 1-2 year(s) of nursing experience with some Emergency Room, trauma or crisis-related injury assessment preferred.
- Previous benefits administration and worker’s compensation experience preferred but not required (training will be provided).
- Honest, ethically sound, goal-driven individual with a caring heart. Strong organizational and time management skills a must.
- Must be professional, maintain confidentiality and possess the capacity for discretionary decision-making.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team capacity.
Role Specific Competencies:
- This position requires extensive use of computer equipment.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of occupational health, safety, ergonomics and workers’ compensation preferred.
- Familiarity with OSHA law, FMLA, and ADA preferred.
- This position requires the ability to travel 10-15%.
- Position is Monday-Friday but does require on-call availability via cell phone.
- Must successfully pass drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Regulatory Compliance Americans with Disabilities Act The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004)
This role has been classified as exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Relocation Relocation assistance is not provided.
Apply to Job