RNs, LPNs, Lead Nurse
- CODA, Inc.
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 9th 2019
- Portland, OR
We currently have several nurse positions in Portland and Tigard: Staff Nurse (LPN or RN) and a Lead Nurse.
CODA, Inc. is a 300 employee agency working in several locations in Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington Counties. We are counselors, nurses, maintenance workers, accountants, leaders, medical assistants, case managers, administrative staff and doctors.
Our Nurses make a difference by:
- Admitting new patients, reporting medical status and requesting individual medication orders as appropriate for program.
- Monitoring patient medical status, measuring patient vital signs and perform other routine medical procedures; maintaining up to date documentation of observations and evaluations in patient electronic medical record.
- Following protocols as established by LMP.
- Administering and reviewing PPD (Tuberculosis testing for purified protein derivative).
- Performing patient care activities within scope, according to licensed medical professional's patient care instructions, medication orders, and other established patient care orders.
- Collecting urinalysis sample, performing rapid toxicology screening, and collecting blood samples according to established policies.
- Safely dispensing medication as prescribed and continuing to monitor patient for potential side effects.
- Evaluating and assessing medical stability of established patients within program expectations and professional scope, identifying any special needs or circumstances that require licensed medical professional notification.
- Recognizing and initiating appropriate response to crisis or emergency situations. Lifting patient if necessary for safety.
Those with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure. Completion of an accredited nursing education program that includes at least 500 hours of direct patient contact.
- Current Oregon or Washington driver's license.
- Crisis prevention certification (such as CPI) within six months of hire - CODA provides this training at no cost to employees.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to acquire within one month of hire - CODA provides this training at no cost to employees.
Apply at https://codainc.org/careers/
LPN: $24.45-26.50 plus graveyard and relief differentials
RN: $$31.50-34 plus graveyard and relief differentials
Lead: $37-40 depending on experience
BENEFITS: Review our generous benefit package here: http://www.codainc.org/working-at-coda/
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: Employment with CODA, as a non-for-profit agency, allows individuals with the direct student loans to apply for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. For more information go to: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service .
OUR SYSTEMS: We employ a sophisticated Electronic Health Records System (EMR), modern HR software, along with Telemedicine, video conferencing, and video phone links between all of CODA's multiple sites.
CODA ACADEMY OFFERS EMPLOYEES:
- access to training fund to cover both training and credentialing needs
- paid time for certain professional development activities
- certification and recertification financial assistance via training funds
- internal career-advancement opportunities
- unlimited free access to a library of 600 accredited, interactive modules specific to social and clinical services via partnership with Relias program, including over 400 CEUs
- access to credential and licensing tracking tool Join us and be part of a best-in-class research environment within a supportive, diverse and inclusive company culture.
CODA, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.All CODA facilities are drug-free and smoke-free worksites.
Apply to Job