Public Health Nurse Supervisor
- Nobles County Admin
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 1st 2019
- Worthington, MN 56187
If you have a passion for public health and are seeking a leadership position this may be the career for you!
The Public Health Nurse Supervisor is responsible for nursing supervision, administering health program operations in a diverse community, public relations and fiscal responsibilities in the areas of public health, prevention, education, environmental health, infectious disease, and disaster preparedness.
Examples of Duties
• Participates in the hiring of nurses and other assigned personnel.
• Orients nursing personnel and other assigned staff to agencies program policies and procedures.
• Assigns staff caseload and provide on-going clinical supervision and consultation to nursing staff through quarterly record reviews, caseload revisions, field supervision and supervisory conferences.
• Evaluates performance of staff nurses and other assigned personnel and establishes specific goals to improve performance.
• Directs planning, implementing and delivery of nursing service in the community.
• Establishes and maintains standards of nursing practices and procedures in determining agency nursing care priorities.
• Monitors records for correct and complete documentation and assure adherence to client bill of rights, data privacy, record protection, vulnerable adult policies and relevant policies.
• Assesses community needs, evaluating agency's nursing programs in relation to those needs, and assists in implementing and coordinating appropriate nursing programs.
• Assists in budget preparation and management.
• Explains public health nursing to other agencies and to the public.
• Maintains responsibility for all individual client intake, referrals and case assignments and assists in developing an intake system that assures timely and appropriate processing of client referrals.
• Provides utilization review of all Medicare and Medicaid cases, assisting nurses in documenting cases correctly, following up on Medicare denials and teaching staff about program changes.
• Directs the preparation of reports, program materials and other agency documentation.
• Determines and justifies health service agency staff requirements necessary to meet identified community nursing service needs.
• May provide direct skilled nursing service to clients.
• Works with area schools in identifying student health needs and implementing health services to meet those needs.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in nursing with current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Minnesota and eligibility to obtain or renew certification as a Public Health Nurse in the State of Minnesota with a minimum of four years of experience in nursing. Previous supervisory and public health experience is preferred. Driver's license required.
Apply to Job
- Public Health Nurse Supervisor Worthington MN 56187