- Glacial Ridge Health Syste
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 10th 2019
- Glenwood, MN 56334
SUMMARY: Responsible to O.R. Supervisor for completing job as well as maintaining high degree of patient safety and strict infection control procedures.
* Satisfactorily has completed training as a surgical technician. LPN staff with training in the surgical technician position. Nursing Assistant training may be considered.
* Special training in the principles of sterilization.
* Must be very conscientious about doing work carefully and accurately.
* Must meet physical requirements of job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in the care, preparation and maintenance of sterile and unsterile items in O.R.
* Use sterile technique when applicable. Monitor and report any breaks in technique.
* Provide for patient safety.
* Provide care that exceeds patient expectations.
* Restock sterile supplies in the OR, ER and surgical suite.
* Check supplies for outdating.
* Check preventive maintenance schedule and do required procedures.
* Assist in surgery as necessary.
* Assist with outpatient/inpatient procedures (pericentesis, thoracentesis, bone marrow biopsy, epidurals).
* Maintain cleaning supplies in ER for instruments.
* Keep a record of procedures performed.
* Assist with Endoscopic procedures (records, procedures, cleaning and upkeep of scope and all related items).
* Assist in other areas of the hospital as trained and directed.
* Other duties as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES ON SURGERY DAY:
* Wipe down surfaces in the OR to prep.
* Assist in setting up room.
* Help transfer patient to and from OR.
* Assist in post-surgery cleaning.
* Wipe the outer surfaces of the Neptune.
* Mop floor with disinfectant solution.
* Set up the OR with the supplies from the turnover kit.
* Assist surgeon as needed.
* Responsible to perform accurate counts with the Circulating Nurse.
* Assist with sterilizing instruments.
* Detailed policy available upon request or upon hire regarding set-up duties for day of surgery.
* To provide for overall safe and productive environment that meets or exceeds standards set by the organization.
* To be a team player, to be a self starter.
* To be able to tolerate extended periods of standing while assisting during surgery.
* Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
Apply to Job