Director, Performance Measurement
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 22nd 2019
- Alexandria, VA
Do you want to use your Performance Measurement and Leadership skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Director, Performance Measurement who will direct ASCO’s measurement program including content development, maintenance, implementation and evaluation of oncology clinical performance measurement and align ASCO’s measurement program with emerging policy, national quality priorities, and member needs.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership and measurement science expertise in the strategic planning, development and implementation of ASCO’s performance measures
- Advise ASCO leadership, committees and staff regarding performance measurement priorities, initiatives and activities
- Lead and guide the Measures Task Force in strategic planning for and implementation of ASCO’s performance measurement activities
- Ensure oncology-specific measures are developed, specified, tested/validated and made available for use by ASCO’s quality improvement programs including: QOPI (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®), eQOPI, CancerLinQ (QLC), and QCP (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certification Program)
- Collaborate and coordinate with ASCO’s quality improvement teams (QOPI, QCP, CLQ, etc.) to accomplish ASCO’s overall quality improvement goals
- Provide input in the review of regulatory/legislative policy concerning quality measurement and assessment including federal reporting and payment reform
- Prioritize development of outcomes measures, Patient Reported Outcomes, eMeasures, National Quality Forum-endorsed measures, and measures for acceptance by CMS for federal programs.
- Review externally developed measures for potential adoption or adaptation by ASCO
- Work with external stakeholders such as the NQF and PCPI to ensure ASCO performance measures remain relevant and consistent with national program requirements and trends
- Develop documents needed for the submission of measures to the National Quality Forum and manage measure submission, defense of measures, and marketing/communication efforts related to measures submitted
- Coach and mentor program staff to efficiently deliver high-quality results
- Supervise program staffing, finances and operations, and participate in division activities to further ASCO’s mission
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Experience and knowledge of health care quality measurement and improvement, including technical measure specification development/review and measure testing
- Understanding of evolving health policy around pay for performance, quality measurement and reporting, electronic health information, and registries
- Planning, organization, implementation
- Problem analysis and decision-making
- Teamwork and participative management
- Leadership style and self-management
- Knowledge and professional development
- Delegating, managing, and developing staff
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of work experience.
Apply to Job