Return to Work Nurse Navigator
- Susan B Allen Memorial Hospital
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 22nd 2019
- El Dorado, KS 67042
- Functions as a liaison for healthcare professionals and RETAIN medical team managing the patients care.
- Compiles data, tracks outcome and progress, follows care plan, ensures compliance of care plan and makes recommendations for process/plan improvement.
- Maintains communication with care team on patient progress or any change of condition.
- Monitors and reviews progress on care plan and experience with the client using approaches that meet the clients needs which include face-to-face, telephonic and/or virtual technologies (eSusanB).
- Identifies potential resources to enhance patient experience and minimize care delivery disruption.
- Assesses clients as needed.
- Documents all visits in EMR.
- Alerts Primary Care Provider and RETAIN medical team of any change of condition.
- Follows all infection control procedures and policies (including use of universal/standard precautions).
- Participates on the Discharge Planning Team at SBAMH.
- Educates patients and caregivers about medical diagnosis, signs and symptoms and when to call the physician.
- Consults with patient and RETAIN team on program expectations.
- Assures informed consent of any patient who participates in RETAIN Kansas process, activities and treatment.
- Schedule DARI exam for patient when appropriate.
- Recruits and educates medical providers for the RETAIN grant participation.
- Provides ongoing education to patient, PCPs and caregivers involved with patients RETAIN grant program.
- Coordinates healthcare service delivery among medical personnel within and outside SBAMH.
- Acts as liaison between healthcare system and public work force system.
- Participates in training encompassing full range of occupational and other rehabilitative best practices, pain management, patient expectations, documenting patient progress, comprehensive follow up and enhance patient communication.
- Participates with IS in the development and implementation of the RETAIN EMR system.
- Coordinates health and employment service delivery to support the employee in returning to or staying at work.
- Serves as communications hub for treating clinician, patient, employer and payer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Will be oriented to and maintain competence in working with patients in all age categories. Excellent communications skills. Must have the ability to communicate well with clients and health care professionals. Possesses skills in analytical thinking, planning and organization.
Education: Graduate of a State Board approved or accredited school of nursing
Experience: 5 years of clinical experience required. Case management and/or navigation experience preferred.
Certification/Licensure: Must possess evidence of current Kansas license or valid temporary permit to practice (if coming from out of state).
Code Blue Training: Minimum training level of BLS is required.
Along with an excellent starting salary, we offer competitive benefits including health, dental and life insurance, liberal paid time off, 401(k) plan, reduced cost YMCA membership and more. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply to Job
- ED Registered Nurses El Dorado KS 67042