Registered Nurses - 12 Hour Shifts
- Kansas Heart Hospital
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 25th 2019
- Wichita, KS 67226
Our nursing staff is composed of all registered nurses (RN). Kansas Heart Hospital sets itself apart by embracing fixed nursing ratios as follows: one nurse to two patients in ICU; one nurse to three patients in the outpatient, one day care intermediate area; and one nurse to four patients on the telemetry, general medical floor. These ratios are twice as good as the current “accepted standard.”
A member of the professional staff who has responsibility for the direct care of assigned patients, both care delivered personally and the care provided by members of the team to which care is delegated. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, establishing goals, planning interventions, evaluating and re-evaluating care. Delivers care based upon policy and procedure, standards of care, and regulatory bodies. Delivers care in a manner that promotes quality care. Supports the goals of Kansas Heart Hospital.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- License: Registered nurse with current Kansas licensure.
- Key experience/Accomplishments: Demonstrates competence in clinical practice. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) affirmation desired.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates and promotes confidence, credibility, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, and teamwork. Requires strong communication skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Admits adults with various cardiovascular diagnoses.
- Assists patients that require invasive tests, procedures, and therapies such as cardiac catheterization, angioplasty, balloon and stent or surgery.
Kansas Heart Hospital considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Employment is subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening program.
Apply to Job