Medical Assistant Surgical Patient Coordinator
- Neurosurgical Group of Texas
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 27th 2019
- Houston, TX 77030
Medical Assistant – Surgical Patient Coordinator
Scurlock Tower, 6560 Fannin, Suite 1200
Houston, TX 77030
- Full time, Mon – Thu 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Fri 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (paid for 8 hours); overtime is rare.
- Highly competitive salary, health, dental and life insurance. Company pension and 401k, generous PTO, and 100% paid parking/bus pass/van pool etc.
Prestigious group practice in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, seeks a medical assistant with several years of highly complex experience working as a nursing/medical assistant, preferably in surgical practice.
Our practice was founded over 30 years ago and is the largest private neurosurgical practice in Houston, outside of a university setting. We pride ourselves in selecting staff as much for their empathy and compassion as for their professionalism and high level of competency.
Serves as a medical assistant to one or more physicians
High level problem solving to ensure smooth patient flow and high patient satisfaction
Interviews patient, measures vitals and enters extensive medical history in EHR
Relays physician instructions regarding care to patients
Schedules complex testing, including pre-certifying
Books and prepares hospital orders for surgery
Obtains surgical clearance
Provides surgical instructions to patients (pre and post-op)
Schedules and screens all patient appointments and manages doctors’ daily schedule
Answers and returns calls to patients, hospitals and physician offices
Works with billing department to ensure charge capture
Qualifications and Skill Set
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate.
- Detail oriented, skilled at analyzing situations and taking effective action
- Must be very organized, have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Need to have a good understanding of medical terminology and knowledge in scheduling procedures
- Effective team work / ability to work with a group / positive attitude
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bilingual - Spanish a plus
Fax resume to 713-799-1749.
Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(All new hires are subject to reference check and criminal history search.)
Apply to Job
- Medical Practice Administrator Houston TX 77030