- Hudson Valley Community College
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 30th 2019
- Troy, NY 12181
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
New York State Registered Nurse Licensure with three years clinical experience in an acute care setting. Health counseling experience; knowledge of Post-secondary immunization. Current BLS certification.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
The College Nurse responsibilities includes a commitment to the mission and goals of HVCC and Health Services. RN’s work collaboratively with the all members of Health Services and the Counseling Center. She/he reports directly to the Director of Health Services. Institutionally, RNs work closely with the Athletic Department, Center for Access and Assistive Technology, Human Resources, the Health Science Departments by providing clinical care for specific subset of the campus constituents.
- RN’s collaborate with the insurance marketplace (nystateofhealth), New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), Rensselaer County Department of Health (RCDOH), Immunization Council of the Capital Region (ICCR), on public health matters and collaborates with Physician practices, local pharmacies and Institution of Higher Education on individual health related issues.
- Registered Nurses must adhere to the legal and ethical standards of New York State and the nursing profession. The individual in this position provides direct nursing care to patients.
- The care given is defined as managing work flow to optimize patient outcomes, health service utilization, and nurture patient satisfaction. Schedules appointments in a timely manner while supporting the student academic success by focusing on the students’ class schedule for non-urgent appointments.
- When necessary and/or patient volume is low, assist the front desk staff with general inquiries; RN may be required to assist support staff with immunization entry (data processing) and proactively accessing NYSIIS and CIR. Prior to the beginning of each semester initiates and documents phone calls, to students whose enrollment process remains incomplete. The focus is retention by assisting the students in completing the NYS PHL2165 and PHL2167 compliance process. Administer MMR vaccines if needed to meet PHL2165, reducing barriers and simplifying the process.
- Manages the Athletic Clearance process including auditions (tryouts), pre participation for practice and clearance to play in addition to working closely with the Athletic department to provide care for ill/injured student athletes. Student with s/s of MTBI and Orthopedic injuries are referred to community providers for specialized care.
- Triaging students, faculty or staff, by assessing the complaint and determining acuity of the care needed, Urgent, Emergency and non-urgent. Subjective and objective review of systems pertinent to the complaint, including a history of present illness, vital signs, allergies and current medication regime, including OTC meds and supplements; communicates patient needs with providers as part of the triaging process or making appropriate referrals to the campus providers, or area health care agencies as needed. Provides necessary clinical treatment and/or medication, immunizations per clinic policy. Perform laboratory testing as ordered by the providers. Follow Non Patient specific protocols in the event of anaphylaxis or opioid overdose. Follows regulations and guidelines in maintaining quality laboratory services. Maintains a safe work environment using universal precautions. Provides input upon formulary review as needed annually.
- While charting uses EMR (Pyramed) to facilitate accurate and complete medical records, and documenting in Banner to communicate with the Athletic department when appropriate. In addition to documenting given immunizations into NYSIIS and follow up to students, employees and family communication as necessary while abiding by the FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
- Onsite supervision and input into evaluations of student employees as necessary while providing an excellent learning environment for Hudson Valley Community College students.
- Inventory Management of the clinical medical supplies, equipment and medication, including purchasing process by reviewing the needs and costs of materials, equipment for Health Services following the contractual agreement.
- Teaches and advises students on health and wellness issues by participating in Outreach and Health promotion activities. Advocate for students while collaborating with the Counseling center, Athletic and, CAAT department as needed.
- Complies with annual mandatory in-services. Remains current with nursing best practices through professional development by attending educational programs, reading professional journals, etc. And attending New York State College Health Association Conference.
- Weekend coverage as needed, including, but not limited to, New Student Orientation, Honors and Commencement ceremony as needed. Work hours include some Saturdays and an occasional evening hour as needed.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Health Service.
The Salary for this position is $45,500.00
To apply please visit our web page at www.hvcc.edu/jobs before the close date of March 3, 2019.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer
Apply to Job