Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) or Social Worker
- Pershing General Hospital
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 30th 2019
- Lovelock, NV 89419
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct and indirect patient care through the use of selected nursing skills under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician (clinics). The LPN or RN recognizes and provides for basic and intermediate care needs. The LPN or RN is able to recognize and report urgent and emergent situations, which requires the care of an (RN) or physician. The position requires the ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Exhibits behaviors that are consistent with the Mission, Philosophy, and Values of Pershing General Hospital and Nursing Home as well as the culture and objectives of Pershing General Hospital and Nursing Home. All employees are expected to work as needed in providing health and wellness services in the communities within Pershing General Hospital and Nursing Home.
- Demonstrates effective skills with the communication, organization, and management of assigned work.
- Accountable for the ethical and legal responsibilities related to his/her scope of practice.
- Assumes duties as assigned by the RN or physician in the delivery of direct nursing care and procedures, working within established policies, procedures and scope of practice.
- Identifies and takes the initiative in expanding own knowledge base.
- Records accurate and pertinent information on the patient’s record according to documentation guidelines.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance in the organization.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon PGH need or requirements.
- Wears identification while on duty. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean. Completes annual education requirements. Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state and federal regulations. Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times. Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Attends annual review and performs departmental inservices. Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner. Attends committee, QI and management meetings, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, and infection control. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing required. One year current experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Manual dexterity and physical agility to operate all equipment and perform all procedures.
- Utilizes safe body mechanics to ensure patient and caregiver safety.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to quickly learn Pershing General Hospital’s software system.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse license or Registered Nurse license with the State of Nevada
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification.
Social Worker – Full Time
- Active LSW with the state of NV.
- Minimum 1 year experience in health care setting with geriatric patients preferred.
Apply to Job