Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
- Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 1st 2019
- Raleigh, NC 27601
Fayetteville Technical Community College, located in Fayetteville, NC, is seeking qualified applicants for this full time 10 month position. The Associate Degree Nursing program is a nationally accredited program with a 100 percent pass rate that is experiencing exponential growth and is in search for qualified candidates to join our team. This is an exciting time for our program as we explore innovative teaching strategies for nursing students, implement state-of-the-art technological methods of nursing practice, and grow competent nurses for the advancement of the nursing profession.
Faculty team members are responsible for exhibiting leadership skills by role-modeling professionalism, participating in cooperative team efforts, using effective communication strategies, employing efficient planning, organization, and time management, and demonstrating skilled classroom, lab, and clinical instruction. Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge of online learning environments, are essential to this position. Faculty must demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth. This position is located in Fayetteville, NC.
- Teach face-to-face, online, and blended classes according to approved course syllabi to include day, evening, and weekend instruction both on and off campus as needed by the Department.
- Incorporate innovative teaching strategies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery to include classroom, skills lab, simulation, and clinical settings.
- Participate in student recruitment efforts and advisement for increased enrollment and retention.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Maintain the standards of the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission of Nurse Education (ACEN) within the program by observing all institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in program and curriculum review, revision and development by participating in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in nursing and teaching fields through continual professional development.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with a minimum of two years employment in direct patient care as a registered nurse.
- Must have current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in North Carolina or hold a RN license in a compact state and be able to obtain a North Carolina license by endorsement.
- Qualified applicant must have begun or completed the Hepatitis B series and must have begun and remain current with required immunizations and current CPR.
- Communication skills, both oral and written are necessary. Must have efficiency in Microsoft Office ( Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
Preferred Requirements: Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college in nursing education. On-line teaching experience.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Documents
- Certification 2
- Certification 3
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
College Pay Scale: Based on college salary scale, plus an excellent benefit package
Number of Months: 10 months
Posting Number: F006-17
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.
Apply to Job
- Registered Medical Assistant Instructor-Continuing Education Raleigh NC 27601