ED Registered Nurses
- Susan B Allen Memorial Hospital
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 8th 2019
- El Dorado, KS 67042
Two full-time openings in our Emergency Department. Positions are 6:45 pm to 7:15 am and 9:45 am to 10:15 pm. Patient focus is our number one priority, with a low nurse-patient ratio and a supportive nursing leadership team.
- Perform phlebotomies on ED patients. Able to obtain adequate specimen from all patient age ranges.
- Correctly labels patient specimens with the patient's name, date, identification, time & initials.
- Transports specimens to proper department.
- Page and/or call physicians, staff and hospital departments.
- Perform clerical duties, answer the telephone and nurse call system.
- Perform EKGs.
- Order Entry: enter orders, discharge patients, retrieve patient information for staff, enter demographics into discharge instruction software.
- Communicate with co-workers, patient, and visitors to facilitate good customer relations.
- Take vital signs accurately, (temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure) and document patient information on the chart.
- Keep ED Log up to date, follow up on lab/x-ray tests for timeliness of results.
- Assist with activities in patient mobility, positioning and comfort measures.
- Report status changes to the nurse.
- Clean rooms, make beds, assist with stocking all areas and retrieve ED equipment from other hospital areas as needed.
- Maintain adequate levels of forms, charts and office supplies.
- Initiate CPR.
- Transport patients by pushing, pulling, lifting; in a wheelchair, bed, cart or geri chair.
- Reposition patients with or without mechanic devices, by lifting, pulling and pushing.
- Organize and prioritize work to complete daily assignments.
- QA/QI responsibility: enter raw data/daily stats, copy charts, assist in data collection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cleaning of unit.
- Responsible for accurate and timely registration for all hospital registrations including, but not limited to ER, out-patients, in-patients, Clinic and Observation customers.
- Responsible for contributing to customer relations by providing excellent customer service with immediate assistance to a prompt, easy and friendly registration process, contributing positively to patient satisfaction.
- Scan documents to patient accounts under correct form name.
- Responsible to be immediately available, as the first person in contact with emergency patients as they arrive to the Emergency Room, and to inquire about patient condition in order to provide appropriate triage notification to Emergency personnel. Responsible for providing very good customer service, contributing to increased patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for basic functions of Communication Clerk to provide temporary relief during a scheduled shift. Basic functions defined as ability to answer switchboard and transfer calls to appropriate extension, page physician, CRNA's and emergent pages.
- Displays enthusiasm, an interest for work and a willingness to expand professional knowledge base.
- Responsible for retaining and performing any routine changes in Registration and Communication process, keeping abreast of any insurance updates or requirements and attending seminars as requested.
- Responsible for demonstrating knowledge of departmental responsibilities during emergent alarms, knowledge and whereabouts for departmental manuals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to read, write clearly, and type accurately. Ability to communicate effective and operate a computer efficiently. Will be oriented to and maintain competence in working with patients in the Emergency Department including infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Education: High School graduate.
Experience: One year experience as an admissions clerk or a ward clerk is desirable. One year previous experience as a nurse aide in absence of admission clerk or ward clerk experience acceptable. One semester clinical experience as a nursing student acceptable.
Certification/Licensure: None. Code Blue Training: A minimum training level of BLS is required.
For Benefit eligible positions we offer an excellent starting salary, competitive benefits including health, dental and life insurance, liberal paid time off, 401(k) plan, reduced cost YMCA membership and more. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply to Job
- Return to Work Nurse Navigator El Dorado KS 67042