AD Nursing Instructor
- Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 16th 2019
- Cloquet, MN 55720
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver classroom, nursing lab, and clinical instruction.
- Assign, supervise, and evaluate students in a variety clinical settings, in lab and simulated experiences, as well as lecture.
- Conduct classroom assessment, evaluation, and research activities.
- Mentor students.
- Contribute to curriculum development, curriculum evaluation, accreditation, student success, and other program and institutional initiatives.
- Participate in program goal setting and planning activities.
- Carry out goals and outcomes related to program student learning outcomes and systematic evaluation plans.
- Attend and participate in nursing faculty meetings.
- Participate in college and program committee assignments.
- Master's degree with a major in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing or a nursing clinical specialty.
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. This recent work experience requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Demonstrated experience in nursing education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse student populations, particularly American Indian students.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience with systematic planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to make changes based on assessment and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience with nursing in rural and/or tribal communities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems through effective communication and understanding.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- Course construction (credit course)*
- Teaching/Instructional methods (credit course)*
- Student outcomes assessments/evaluation(credit course)*
- Philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
* These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired.
** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework.
Questions about the position may be directed to the Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences, Andrea Simek, at (218) 879-0791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State's Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be require to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is a member of Minnesota State and is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity.
We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Apply to Job