Supervising Nurse I Pediatrics
- Natividad Medical Center
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 13th 2020
- Salinas, CA 93906
Supervising Nurse I - Pediatrics
Priority Screening Date: 2/21/20 Bring your career to Natividad in this full-time Supervising Nurse I position in the Pediatrics Unit. Requires CA RN license & 2 years of experience as an RN, with at least 1 year in pediatrics.
Examples of Duties
- Participate in three or more of the following: (1) Preceptorship, (2) Teaching In-services, (3) Development of Learning Aids, (4) Development and Review of Policy and Procedures, or (5) Serve on Hospital Committees.
- Perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassess as per policy.
- Assess patient pain level and initiates pain management plan per Natividad policy & assess fetal well being using NICHD terminology.
- Assess for sign and symptoms of abuse and assess educational needs of patient and patient support group.
- Coordinate and direct patient care to ensure patients' needs are met and hospital policies are followed to include admission, transfer, and discharge.
- Model effective communication skills, both verbal and written; interact with peers, physicians, other healthcare team members, patients, family and visitors in a safe, effective and therapeutic manner. Uses SBAR to communicate with physicians, residents, and other nursing staff.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, and recognize emergencies and consults with other specialists as required; adjust nursing care processes as indicated.
- Interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age-specific needs and provide care needed.
- Assist the Nurse Director/Supervising Nurse with overseeing the work of nursing personnel and operational unit activities; develop a written plan of care; update as necessary for positive outcome.
- Investigate and answer queries from physicians, patients and family about patient care; evaluate the effectiveness of the Quality Council; provide instruction as necessary.
- Function as the charge nurse as assigned; documents in PCS including SOC.
- Provide resource information to other staff; including precepting and/orientation to the unit.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Current theory, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing
- Medical terminology, medical instruments and equipment
- Routines typical to an acute-care hospital
- The uses and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Federal, State, Local laws and regulations and JCAHO standards that govern the nursing practice and delivery of health care
- Current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with area of specialization
- Advance theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing and health care
- Mode of action and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Advance treatments, drugs and equipment associated with an area of specialization
- Principles and practices of quality assurance
- Safety policies of quality assurance
- Safety policies and procedures related to nursing
- The various roles and responsibilities of nursing team members
- Basic supervision
- Nursing techniques and procedures used in the care of patients treated in the unit
- Facility policies and procedures.
- Perform the full range or registered nursing duties and responsibilities
- Plan and organize nursing plans for patients
- Prepare and maintain records and reports
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of action
- Provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain an effective working relationship
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other hospital staff
- Perform Specialized and advance nursing tasks
- Utilize staff effectively in the conduct of patient care, studies and projects
- Review and edit written reports, policies and procedures, standards of care and quality and duties of the position
- Keep abreast of developments in area of nursing specialization
- Supervise the actions and activities of Staff Nurse I, Staff Nurse II, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Nursing Assistant, and Medical Unit Clerk.
- Demonstrate competency in all patient care skills specific to patients treated in the unit.
- Interact with physicians, nursing staff, ancillary staff, patients, and the public to resolve issues of concern and promote effective delivery care.
Apply to Job