Director of Nursing, St Clare Commons
- CHI Living Communities
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jul. 9th 2020
- Perrysburg, OH 43551
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the administration of assigned nursing units, including policy development, organizational planning and the direction of the delivery of geriatric nursing care, as well as the development and monitoring of standards of gerontological nursing practices. This position also requires promoting public relations, education, and consultation within assigned units.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Monitors and improves the overall quality of services in Nursing provided in the assigned nursing units.
- Maintains effective communication with interdisciplinary team, residents, families, physicians and staff.
- Performs activities related to nursing care needs of residents as needed.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of facility performance improvement program.
- In collaboration with the Administrator, operates the assigned nursing units in accordance with established policies and procedures of CHI Living Communities.
- Participates in the collaboration to develop, plan, conduct and schedule in-service training classes that ensure a well-educated nursing service department.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited School of Nursing. Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state of employment. Certified as a Gerontology Nurse preferred.
Experience: At least five years clinical experience related to geriatric nursing. Must have at least five years management experience. Currently certified in CPR. Experience in long-term care facility and with MDS/RAP Summaries and care planning and a working knowledge of Total Quality Improvement process preferred.
Apply to Job
- Director of Nursing, St Clare Commons Perrysburg OH 43551