Executive Director First 5
- Alpine County California
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jul. 11th 2020
- Markleeville, CA 96120
First 5 Executive Director
Health and Human Services.
Salary Range U20: ($5,419-$5,981) per month
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the general direction of the Alpine County Children & Families Commission First 5 Alpine (Commission), the Executive Director is responsible for facilitating Commission planning activities and overseeing administrative and programmatic functions of the Commission including managing and evaluation of contracts; making recommendations to the Commission; creating and disseminating Commission information, coordinating events; developing strategies for evaluating Commission activities and performing related duties as required.
The Executive Director is located in Alpine County Health & Human Services Department under the supervision of the agency Health and Human Services Director and Commission. Performance evaluations of the Executive Director will be completed by the Health & Human Services Director and the Commission Chair.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Psychology, Sociology, Public Health or Social Work.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience working in a government, community based, or educational program that would demonstrate the possession of the above knowledge and abilities. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
• Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employee with co-payment by employees, based on family status
• Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
• Admininistration Leave: based on years of service
• Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
• Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
• Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for "New Members"
• Deferred Compensation: The County has a voluntary deferred compensation program.
• Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background and reference check; satisfactory driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
Open until filled.
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex or age.
Apply to Job
- First 5 Alpine Executive Director Markleeville CA 96120