- Galeon Wellness & Therapy Center
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Aug. 1st 2020
- Osakis, MN 56360
Seeking LPN to work full time overnights from 6 PM to 6:30 AM and every third weekend. 60 hours per pay period.
The nurse's primary purpose is to direct nursing care to the residents, and monitor/supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility to help ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained.
* Must possess a current, active license to practice as an LPN in Minnesota.
* Previous experience in long term care preferred
* Must be CPR certified
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
* Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
* Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must be able to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies and the general public.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures as well as Federal and State laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
* Displays a patient, tactful, cheerful and enthusiastic disposition. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition to resident families, physician and other nurse co-workers and staff as appropriate.
* Must have basic computer competency.
* Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and deal with crisis situations in a calm manner.
* Have good communication skills both verbal and written.
* To maintain resident rights and adhere to the CMH/Minnesota Bill of Rights and Freedom From Abuse, Neglect & Exploitation policies/procedures.
* To facilitate 24 hour quality care delivery to residents of CMH in accordance with current State and Federal rules, regulations and guidelines that govern CMH.
* Monitor residents for areas of decline and determine if appropriate action and referrals are made, with documentation as appropriate.
* Read and follow departmental safety policies and general safety rules of CMH. To report accidents/injuries sustained on the job immediately to supervisor and complete documentation.
* To address resident/family grievances in a timely fashion to ensure resident satisfaction.
* To notify the resident's physician and/or resident representative when there is an incident involving the resident or change in the residents' condition.
* To help orient and supervise new NAR's, student nurses, or other LPN's in their job duties.
* To update resident medical records with services provided, health condition and response to treatments.
* To educate resident and families on health condition, medications or changes in treatment as needed.
* To obtain sputum, urine and other specimens for lab tests PRN.
* Administer professional services within the scope of nursing practice such as: catheterizations, tube feedings, suction, applying/change dressings, irrigation, etc.
* Ensure that nursing personnel follow established infection control procedures such as hand hygiene and use of PPE's.
* Receive and transcribe telephone, faxed or verbal orders from physicians and record in PCC. To fax pharmacy with new or changed medication orders.
* To ensure that medications and treatments are properly administered as ordered by the physician. Assess and evaluate the residents' responses to medication and treatments including PRN medications and inform physician as appropriate.
* Provide resident care as needed
* Monitor and assist PRN distribution of nourishment and food intake as appropriate. May assist residents' with eating as needed.
* To perform routine charting duties in accordance with charting and documentation policies and procedures at CMH.
* To maintain confidentiality of all resident care information (PHI) as per HIPAA regulations.
* To assist to admit, transfer and discharge residents as required.
* To give/receive nursing report at beginning/end of shift and to count controlled medications.
* To monitor nursing care to assure that all residents are treated fairly with kindness, dignity and respect.
* To create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the shift.
* Ensure that nursing services work areas (ie nurse's station, med/treatment room, med carts) are kept clean and maintained in a safe manner.
* To prepare and administer medications following the 6 Rights of Medication Administration as ordered by the physician
* To assist with completing evaluations of nursing staff as designated including discussing performance concerns.
* To complete staff illness/absence forms and assist to find staff to cover absences
* To be committed to activities to optimize the treatment of infections while reducing the adverse events associated with antibiotic use and to slow down the development and spread of antibiotic resistant infections through our Antibiotic Stewardship program
* Is involved with residents, staff, families, visitors, surveyors, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff and visitors.
* May work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g. severe weather, evacuation, post disaster, etc.)
A. To attend at least 75% of in-services offered by our facility and all mandatory in-services.
B. To attend at least 80% of all monthly nursing meetings.
C. Complete the annual in-services designated online on Relias Learning.
D. Will maintain proper dress code and wear your nametag.
E. Maintain current CPR certification.
F. To have dependable attendance with less than 6 absences in a year and be punctual to work. To use Infinitime to document your work time.
G. To ensure that personnel providing direct care to residents is in accordance with the residents' care plan and wishes.
H. To complete all necessary charting as required and in accordance with established charting/documentation policies and procedures.
I. To follow Advance Directives/Living Will/POLST policies for each resident.
J. To update the resident care plan to ensure accuracy as needed.
K. To ensure that narcotic records are accurate and accounted for according to our policy/procedure. Notify DNS of any discrepancies immediately.
L. To organize and set priorities to be able to complete necessary tasks of each shift.
M. To keep DNS/RN case managers informed of status of residents.
* Must be able to do job according to the following Physical Job Demands:
* Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, reach at/below shoulder, grasp, handle, feel, and finger objects frequently.
* Must be able to twist, reach above shoulder height, push/pull med care and wheelchair frequently.
* Must be a able to sit, kneel, squat, balance, climb, run, and see far occasionally.
* Must be able to lift, lower, push, pull, carry, reach above frequently residents, supplies or equipment.
* Must be able to hear residents when they call for assistance.
* Must be able to be on their feet for most of their shift as assigned.
* May exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by RN supervisor/DNS.
This document is not intended to imply a contract of employment and understand that my employment may be terminated at-will by the facility or myself.
I have read the job description and full understand the requirements set forth. I will perform these duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability.
Top pay for experience! Benefits include Health, Dental and Life Insurance 403(b), Holiday Pay, PTO & Club Galeon membership
Apply to Job