Staff Nurse (RN)
- Greenwood Leflore Hospital
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Aug. 27th 2020
- Greenwood, MS 38930
- The registered nurse is responsible for assessing the needs of each patient on the unit and planning the nursing care needed to meet those needs. Once planned, the registered nurse is responsible for seeing that the plan of care is carried out through performance and/or leadership of subordinate personnel.
- Essential Job Qualifications
- Education: Advance training (AA degree)
- Experience: None
- Training: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensure: Current registration in the State of Mississippi as a Registered Nurse.
- Other: None
Job Specific Contacts
- Job Reports To: Charge Nurse; Nurse Manager
- Job Provides Direction to: LPN, NA, FS, MA
Americans With Disabilities Act Requirements
Environmental Demands & Exposure to Hazards:
- Exposure to blood & body fluids, hazardous materials and waste, and airborne diseases.
- Occasional but repetitive exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable working conditions, i.e., odors, dirt, grease oil, noise, fluctuations in temperature.
Essential Physical Demands of the Job:
- Routine physical effort-lifting of moderately heavy items; periodic eye/ear strain.
Essential Mental Demands of the Job:
- Work has some occasional stress due to periodical or cyclical workload pressures.
Manual Dexterity Required:
- Proficient-job results are dependent upon proficient application of one or more dexterity skills.
Americans With Disabilities Act Statement
- External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions as listed in this job description either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be deter-mined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Part 1: Role Accountabilities
- Essential Job Responsibilities .
- Functions in a 8-12 hour capacity for assessing the needs of patients on the unit and planning care to meet those needs, reporting outcomes to the charge nurse and/or physician.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills including communication and counseling techniques for both professional and non-professional staff members.
- Makes patient care assignments utilizing available personnel and resources.
- Demonstrates and implements and working knowledge of interdisciplinary policies and procedures.
- Contributes to leadership in and management of unit functions; also, identifies unit problems and participates in activities directed toward change.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees both professional and non-professional.
- Provides for patient/family safety, maintains environment to promote health, and instructs patient/family in skills needed to meet their changing health care needs.
- Initiates and updates the nursing process, documents the outcomes, and communicates changes in patient’s condition and needs.
- Provides for psychosocial, ethical, cultural and religious needs of patients, families, and healthcare workers; and intervenes creatively to meet individual considerations.
- Maintains competency of skills, and perform other duties as assigned.
Part II. Organizational Accountabilities
- Customer Relations
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the hospital to all customers.
- Identifies and supports the delivery of positive customer service to all customers.
- Conducts all interactions in a confidential and courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the needs of all customers.
- Team Work
- Assists other employees in meeting their job objectives while fulfilling their own in a satisfactory fashion.
- Performs other assigned job activities, even those remotely related to their primary job.
- Supports cooperative efforts between and among departments.
- Conducts all work activities in a collaborative spirit.
- Participates in hospital-wide performance improvement activities.
- Self Development
- Learns all aspects of the position, including revised methods, within appropriate time frames.
- Responsible for attending department mandatory education and one other educational offering.
- Recommends and utilizes alternative educational resources to Supervisor which are realistic and cost efficient.
Click APPLY to APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE!!
Apply to Job