Certified Medication Aide or Certified Nurse Aide
- Brandon Woods at Alvamar
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Aug. 28th 2020
- Lawrence, KS 66047
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider, We proudly offer the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Brandon Woods at Alvamar is a beautiful community in Lawrence, KS, with more than 250 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking the following openings to join our team!
Certified Medication Aide (CMA) or Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Benefits are competitive and can include health, dental and vision insurance, company contributions to retirement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), local discounts, hiring bonuses for some positions and more.
- Accurately perform and record vital signs, height and weight.
- Accurately calculate and record weight gain/loss and fluid intake/output.
- Maintain a clean and safe resident environment.
- Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
- Perform palliative and post-mortem care.
- Perform routine care rounds on each assigned resident, at minimum, every two hours (or more frequently as indicated).
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or three-six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination (written and skills) within 120 days of employment; name entered into state nurse aide registry.
- It is the job of the Medication Aide to administer oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/vocational nurse.
- Follows current standards of hygiene, safety and infection control when handling, storing and disposing of medications.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of scheduled time.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Recognizes the resident's right to refuse medication.
- Notifies the appropriate RN/LPN when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed nurse (RN/LPN).
- Monitors residents who self-administer medications and report deviation from the plan of care to the licensed or registered nurse.
- Secures medication cart.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
- Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions for medication provision.
- Accurately documents medication provision.
- Recognizes and reports general reactions to medications.
- Recognizes the limitations of the Medication Aide role.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination.
- Successful completion of a state approved Medication Aide course and is approved to administer oral and external medication
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with state regulations
- Strong communication skills
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply to Job