Instructor - Nursing
- Gaston College
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Sep. 7th 2020
- Charlotte, NC 28202
Gaston College is seeking an Instructor - Nursing (9 month)
A full-time faculty member is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of full-time faculty member is a demanding one that involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, accessibility to students, committee assignments, and service to College and community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect; maintain collegial relationships; and work productively as a member of a team.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Provide academic advising, maintain regular office hours, and maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop new courses and select and recommend appropriate instructional materials and textbooks.
- Serve on College committees.
- Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled department, division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
- Participate in activities that enhance the College's service to students and to the community.
- Participate in development, implementation, and evaluation of program.
- Maintain academic and clinical competencies related to teaching responsibilities.
- Participate in recruitment, admission, retention, dismissal, and re-entry of students.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Master of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution or currently pursuing with an anticipated graduation date within one year required, with commitment to complete preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education (including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation) within three years.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing Education from a regionally accredited institution or currently pursuing with an anticipated graduation date within one year preferred.
- Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in North Carolina required.
- Must meet minimum SACS criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two years' full-time employment in direct patient care required.
- Prior college-level teaching experience required.
- Community college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum development preferred.
- The ability to incorporate technology and interactive strategies in teaching is required.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to collaborate well with others required.
- Must be willing to teach day, evening, and/or weekend classes and clinical labs.
- Must be willing to teach through multiple modes at multiple instruction sites and in multiple nursing program options as required.
- Must be willing to teach classes during summer semester.
Apply to Job