- Saint Mary's College - Notre Dame, In
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Sep. 12th 2020
- Notre Dame, IN 46556
Saint Mary’s College has an immediate opening for a part-time (temporary) Nurse position to promote and restore students’ health as part of a multidisciplinary team through the assessment of care needs and the delivery of high quality primary medical care. This person will work up to 2-3 days per week plus will be on-call for weekends for approximately 20 hours/week.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provide primary care for eligible students during scheduled health service hours.
· Make independent nursing decisions based on standing orders, policies and procedures and the direction of medical providers.
· Offer a welcoming and compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support for students.
· Promote student independence by establishing a care plan and teaching students to understand their condition, medications and self-care skills.
· Establish and maintain health records, documenting each patient contact and updating patient profiles both in paper form and in electronic medical records.
· Ensure confidentiality during visits, telephone or online contact, and student medical records under HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
· Maintain effective communication, as permitted by consent for the release of information, with students, parents and other members of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that appropriate information is shared and that the students’ needs are met.
· Distribute non-prescription medicine after appropriate assessment.
· Assist clinician as needed during exams or procedures.
· Refer students to the appropriate community resources and obtain signed releases from students if a copy of medical records is sent.
· Act appropriately to protect both the student and the college with regard to risk management after thorough assessment and interpretation of a student’s condition.
· Advise the St. Joseph County Health Department of reportable diseases.
Qualifications include a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Current RN licensure in Indiana, CPR/AED certification and Basic TB Certification.
Experience in one or more of the following areas: medical/surgical, community health, emergency room, or in a physician’s office. Experience working with electronic medical records preferred. Experience working with a diverse population of women.
Apply to Job