Certified Nurse Aide
- Northwest Colorado Health
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 3rd 2020
- Granby, CO 80446
Certified Nurse Aide
$500 sign-on bonus (will cover cost to become a certified CNA)
General Statement of Duties:
Provides supportive care, skilled personal care, and homemaking service to patients in their home and/or designated facility consistent with agency policies.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing for Home Health and Hospice. Also receives in-home supervision from an RN, or other appropriate professional.
Provides indirect supervision to specific staff as designated.
1. Accomplishes job duties in a timely, safe, and professional manner under the Colorado Board of Nursing guidelines. All procedures require the complete knowledge and use of universal precautions. Procedures which may be required of the CNA but are not limited to any combination of the following:
• Assists in activities of daily living and other skilled personal care needs as directed by the plan of care.
• Performs delegated nursing tasks as defined by Colorado Board of Nursing guidelines and agency policies.
• Maintains and enhances skills needed to provide adequate care; attends classes within the Agency or externally as needed to update skills.
• Informs primary caregiver verbally and in writing as needed regarding plan of care, progress, or changes.
2. Is responsible for client's satisfaction in care received.
• Meet client needs, within reason, consistent with agency policies.
• Is seen as cooperative and willing to assist client, as measured by client satisfaction surveys.
• Advises supervisor of requests which cannot be met or of conditions which are unsafe.
• Promotes positive impression of agency services.
3. Is dependable to client and agency in both providing and documenting services.
• Provides services when scheduled.
• Communicates promptly to agency and client any schedule change.
• Organizes and implements his/her schedule to meet productivity expectations.
• Caregiver regularly communicates with supervisor via telephone, or in person regarding caseload status.
• Completes and submits required paperwork accurately per agency policies.
Completion of an approved educational program for Nurse’s Aide.
Previous Certified Nurse Aide or student experience within the last year is preferred.
Nurse Assistant/Nurse Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital, or other health facility will be considered.
1. Active Colorado Nurse Aid certification or completion of approved Nurse Aid class, pending certification.
2. If car is used, must provide proof of adequate insurance coverage totaling at least $300,000
3. Current CPR certification.
4 Annual TB testing and/or screening.
1. Psychomotor skills to provide care, including daily and repetitive pinching, grasping, and manipulating (i.e. wound care); hearing adequate to take vital signs accurately.
2. Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering in private homes which are not barrier-free.
3. Moderate lifting (>25 pounds) to transfer or turn an adult as necessary; daily bending, twisting, overhead reaching, and push-pull activities; daily lifting requirement of 25 pounds (to pick up groceries, operate vacuum cleaner and move it up and downstairs, etc) for each patient seen.
1. Must have knowledge of practices and procedures of Certified Nurse Aide skills sufficient enough to follow accepted practices.
1. Can read and interpret nurses' instructions as well as respond to them, verbally and in writing.
2. Can deal with families under stress, interrelating to them and communicating effectively.
3. Can elicit information from clients.
4. Can respond to a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds appropriately.
5. Can plan and implement one’s work schedule.
1. Equipment to be utilized may include vacuum cleaner, wheelchairs, canes, walkers, oxygen tanks, etc. Daily, per-patient use of oral thermometer and sphygmomanometer.
2. Cleaning equipment used, such as commercial cleaning solvents, will be those provided by the client and are to be used only as directed on product label.
1. Work environment is highly variable, as care is performed in private homes. Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature, and environmental hazards are not predictable; home visits are made in most weather conditions.
2. May need to work on weekends and holidays.
3. This position meets the criteria for Category 1 of OSHA's guidelines for exposure to biohazards.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply to Job