Clinical Nurse Specialist - Surgical Services
- UCLA Health
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 15th 2020
- Los Angeles, CA 90001
The clinical nurse specialist (CNS) – Surgical Services is the clinical nursing leader for the adult surgical services program at UCLA Health. The advanced knowledge and skills required for this role include clinical expertise in surgery, evidence-based practice, collaboration, consultation, education, mentoring, and change leadership. These are essential to advance the practice of nursing and the professional development of nurses.
The specialized knowledge and skills are used within three major spheres of influence: patient/family, nurses and nursing practice, and the organization/system. The CNS and Unit/Service Line Directors are partners in leading the nursing clinical practice area. The CNS coordinates and guides clinical activities/projects of nurses within a practice area. The CNS-Surgical Services is accountable for collaborating with members of the health care team to design, implement, and measure safe, cost-effective, evidence-based care strategies, and responsible for contributing to the advancement of the practice of nursing at the unit/system, local, state and/or national and international level.
- CA CNS and National certification in area of specialty
- CNS Advanced Practice Certification preferred.
- Masters in Nursing, required
- Minimum 5 years recent RN experience including 3 years recent RN experience in clinical specialty, required
- One year CNS experience in clinical specialty, preferred
- Demonstrated skills at the level of an advanced practice nurse in leadership, communication, collaboration, mentoring and change management as evidenced by CV/portfolio, letters of recommendation, references, interview and demonstration, highly desired
- Demonstrated ability at the level of an advanced practice nurse to utilize evidence to develop and implement practice standards and policies, teach and coach.
- Experience in research and grant writing, preferred.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply to Job