- Community HealthCare System
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 16th 2020
- St Marys, KS 66536
- Monday-Tuesday 7 am-5 pm
- Wednesday – 8 am-5 pm
- Friday – 7 am-12 pm
- Welcome patient and confirm patient’s statement of current problems and symptoms.
- Review ‘self-care management plan’ from previous visit, if patient is here for chronic disease management.
- Review problem list and update record with important completed tests (colonoscopy, mammogram).
- Review and complete overdue health maintenance and open orders at each visit.
- Inquire regarding providers patients have seen outside the practice since their last visit.
- Review and update patient medication.
- Document any refusals of treatments or tests refused by patients.
- Completes follow up work after visit; order lab, x-ray and other diagnostic test as indicated by the provider.
- List. maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Provide patient education.
- Review new meds with patients, family, caregiver.
- Explain referral process.
- Remind patient to call with any questions.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Direct and coordinate provider's schedule by organizing diagnostic and preventative reports for provider review, preparing needed equipment prior to patient's appointment, direct other staff as needed to ensure patients have been assessed and ready for provider exam.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings, quality improvement projects, team huddles and scheduling huddles with provider and registration.
Apply to Job
- Director of Nursing - St Marys Manor St Marys KS 66536