Registered Nurse Supervisor
- Northeast Valley Health Corporation
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 27th 2020
- San Fernando, CA
NEVHC is a federally funded Non-profit Community Health Center organization operating 14 Joint Commission accredited licensed primary care health centers. One of the largest health centers in the USA.
Northeast Valley Health Corporation is hiring full-time Registered Nurse Supervisor for its San Fernando Health Center.
The mission of Northeast Valley Health Corporation is to provide quality, safe and comprehensive healthcare to the medically underserved residents of Los Angeles County, particularly in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys, in a manner that is sensitive to the economic, social, cultural and linguistic needs of the community.
Responsible for the oversight and coordination of high quality nursing support services in a Federally Qualified
Health Center (FQHC) serving low-income families in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. The Registered
Nursing (RN) Supervisor is a core member of the healthcare team working in collaboration with physicians, mid-
level clinicians, administrators and others in the day to day operations of a community health clinic.
- Ensures the health center and staff provide an environment of care that supports the principles of patient and family centered care by establishing effective partnerships characterized by mutual respect and inclusion in the care process.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality services that complies with patient safety goals and implements risk management procedures according to NEVHC policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for the day to day supervision of the nursing and clinical support staff including but not limited to: hiring, training/orienting, disciplining, conducting ongoing performance, delegation of work responsibilities and daily assignments. The following nursing and clinical staff report directly to the RN Supervisor: licensed vocational nurses, and medical assistants.
- Oversees the daily flow of the back office of the health center including: patient scheduling, care team assignments, coverage for lunch and breaks, examination room assignments, , laboratory functions (point of care testing and reference laboratory services).
- In collaboration with the Clinic Administrator, ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies including but not limited to: Title 22, Board of Registered Nursing, Board of Vocational Nursing, and California Medical Board.
- In collaboration with the Clinic Administrator, conducts ongoing unit meetings to update staff on any NEVHC policy and procedural changes
- Perform needed competency testing of nursing and clinical support staff and report test results to administration.
For more information or to apply, please email your questions or resume to Karlanungaray@nevhc.org
Northeast Valley Health Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or statusas a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Northeast Valley Health Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apply to Job