- GREAT PLAINS HEALTH HR
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 1st 2020
- North Platte, NE 69101
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first - Always.
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of unit support functions which
contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Current Nurse Aide licensure in the state of Nebraska.
•Required certifications: BLS
•Oxygen certification (Medication Aide Training Hospital based) required within 6 months of hiring. Update to be completed every 2 years.
•PEARS, CPI preferred
1. Sit frequently.
2. Stand and/or walk frequently.
3. Drive frequently in most weather conditions, except when safety is a factor.
4. Lift 50 pounds frequently
5. Carry 25 pounds frequently
6. Bend, kneel, and crawl frequently.
7. Reach floor to overhead frequently.
8. Climb stairs in a variety of situations frequently.
9. Visual acuity, color vision manual dexterity and eye hand coordination within normal limits.
1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient's health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
6. May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
Apply to Job