Public Health Ambassador
- Routt County
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 5th 2020
- Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
Public Health Ambassador
This position is specifically responsible for performing education, inspection, investigation, and enforcement functions to ensure compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols in Routt County schools, businesses, and/or community settings. This position will report to the Director of Public Health. Must be able to work an irregular schedule for an average of 10-20 hours per week.
• One (1) year of experience in health education, non-profit services, health services, or a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities required.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Health Education, Public Health, Health Science, or a related field preferred.
• Possession of a valid Driver's License to operate County vehicle.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet required.
• Educate partners on public health concerns to ensure compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols in Routt County schools, businesses, and/or community settings.
• Respond to complaints and assess community concerns and needs, plans program goals and objectives of COVID-19 accordingly.
• Develop and implement promotional strategies for COVID-19 education and acts as a department representative for community activities.
• Collaborate with program staff and supervisor to evaluate effectiveness of COVID-19 prevention and education strategies.
• Assist in the design, development, implementation, and promotion of COVID-19 prevention programs and services.
• Identify health issues and needs, and collaborates with community-based organizations and educates partners on health concerns regarding COVID-19.
• Share COVID-19 information regarding relevant health care services and makes referrals to partners.
• Advocate for public health services and programs for COVID-19.
• Act as a resource or expert in COVID-19 for department and community agencies.
• Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• A positive attitude.
• Working knowledge of the COVID-19 response preferred.
• Comfort interacting with the public and with community partners.
• Ability to calmly deal with stressful or potentially contentious situations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service.
• The ability to work well independently and with others.
• Demonstrated ability to work with people and groups from a wide variety of backgrounds and across differences.
• Ability to effectively coordinate efforts of multiple agencies and groups.
• Learn and understand scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to public health programs.
• Lean, understand, and implement safety measures needed for disease prevention
• Carry out recordkeeping and reporting procedures.
• Provide quality strategies for engaging youth and adults.
• Collect data for programmatic needs.
Deadline: November 18th, 2020
Routt County is an EOE
Apply to Job