Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator (RNAC) - Vincentian Home (North Hills)
- Vincentian Collaborative Recruitment
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Feb. 22nd 2021
- Pittsburgh, PA 15237
The primary purpose of the RNAC job position is to coordinate and certify completion of the resident assessments. Such performance must be in accordance with current federal and state standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility and ensure that the highest degree of quality service is maintained at all times.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commits to the Vincentian Collaborative System (VCS) mission to nurture and sustain a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
2. Upholds and promotes the VCS values of spirituality, compassion, quality, dignity, collaboration, advocacy and stewardship.
3. Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
4. Adheres to all facility and department work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Conducts and coordinates the RAI process including the MDS, CAA and Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
6. Oversees timely and accurate RAI completion and submission.
7. Certifies the completion of the assessment (Fed Reg 42 CFR 483.20).
8. Follows the RAI Utilization Guidelines.
9. Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team including: Nursing, Rehab, Restorative Nursing, Social Service, Dietary, Activities, Admission, and Billing.
10. Provides documentation forms to support data for the assessment period.
11. Assures supporting documentation is accurate and complete.
12. Evaluates clinical information to determine best Assessment Reference Date.
13. Establishes the OBRA and PPS assessment schedule for all residents by completing:
14. Monthly calendar for goal planning meetings, to include the Annual and Quarterly MDS schedule with Assessment Reference Date and Date of Completion,
15. Weekly schedule of all MDS’s due with Assessment Reference Dates and Completion Dates for each goal planning meeting for the next week, including Admission and Significant Changes,
16. Copies and distributes to the Interdisciplinary Team.
17. Attends and co-chairs weekly goal planning meetings with Social Service staff.
18. Provides leadership and guidance in goal planning meetings for establishment of realistic goals for all residents.
19. Ensures that the MDS and CAA are completed and that the CAA summary is written and signed when care planning is completed. Oversees the development of the resident’s individualized Care Plan.
20. Oversees/completes data entry of MDS.
21. Updates the 672/802 with each MDS.
22. Provides education to the staff on proper completion of the MDS, CAA, and required documentation, including significant change criteria.
23. Electronic submission of all required data to the central database according to the CMS instructions found in the Long Term Care Facility User’s Manual, and following federal and state guidelines.
24. Monitors the MA or non-MA status of the resident at any point during the resident’s stay, completing an MA Change form accordingly.
25. Reviews Validation Reports for timeliness and accuracy; identifies problems and makes corrections promptly.
26. Provides MDS Resource Utilization Group (RUG) information to the Billing department necessary for the billing process.
27. Monitors the case mix index and keeps the Administrator informed of trends that may potentially impact reimbursement.
28. Checks CMI report for accuracy, makes necessary corrections, and submits to the Administrator for her Signature on the Picture Dates (Feb, May, Aug, Nov).
29. Coordinates the care and services for each resident including Medicare Prospective Payment System Part A SNF, HMO skilled level of care, Medical Assistance and Private Pay.
30. Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
31. Required to support the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and Compliance Program by timely reporting any actual or suspected compliance, fraud and abuse, ethics or policy violations.
1. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in good standing required.
2. A minimum of two years experience as a Registered Nurse in a long-term care environment preferred.
3. RAC-CT certification preferred, prior experience as an RNAC preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply to Job
- Echocardiography Sonographer #21000062 Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Multiple Locations Pittsburgh PA 15226
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Multiple Locations Pittsburgh PA 15226
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - Multiple Locations Pittsburgh PA 15226