RN HOUSE SUPERVISOR
- Sparrow Health System
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Apr. 5th 2021
- Charlotte, MI 48813
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Directs and controls, through subordinates personnel, the provision of services with the organization after hours. Maintains compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Represents administrative/management functions after hours and is responsible for assuring adequate staffing levels and resources, training staff, participating in evaluations of staff performance, and addressing employee relations issues.
- Coordinates and assures adequate, competent staffing coverage in a safe and cost-effective manner after hours.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates departmental objectives, policies, procedures, and standards; assists in revising work systems and procedures as necessary to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Assures compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards and hospital policies; initiates corrective action as necessary or communicates to those responsible for initiating such action in a timely manner.
- Works cooperatively and maintains communication with all hospital departments and external parties to facilitate quality patient care, improve processes, and exchange information. Communicates with Directors/Administrators, as appropriate, regarding issues identified while on duty.
- Empowers staff to participate in decision-making. Supports and models evidence-based practice, and contributes ideas to it.
- Evaluates quality, outcomes, and appropriateness of care delivery. Accepts accountability for services provided.
- Facilitates patient transfers to other facilities and after-hour surgery.
- Identifies and seeks professional learning opportunities. Provides and/or supports opportunities for learning for staff members in collaboration with other Leadership Team members.
- Supports and services as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies and procedures, and compliance guidelines. Uses nursing code of ethics with interpretative statements to guide professional practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Valid State of Michigan RN License. CPR/BCLS ACLS and PALS within 6months of hire.
Minimum of three years of nursing-related experience in an acute care setting. Previous leadership/supervisory experience.
Associates degree in Nursing. BSN preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of nursing theory, techniques, and standards of practice
- Knowledge of accrediting and regulatory standards and hospital policies related to the provision of nursing care including HIPAA confidentiality and TJC mandates
- Written and computer skills necessary to prepare required documentation
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of health care staff and to effectively communicate with patients and families in situations requiring courtesy, tact, respect, and patience
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to effectively manage the activities and personnel of assigned departments on a given shift (after hours)
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language clearly
- Analytical ability to assess needs, make decisions appropriate to the position, and resolve issues
- Mental ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities and demands, deal with the concerns of staff/patients/families, resolve problem situations in a positive manner, and respond to emergency situations
- Physical ability to assist in providing patient care
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply to Job