RN (Day Shift) - Home Care
- Sparrow Health System
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Apr. 19th 2021
- Lansing, MI 48901
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job: The Home Care Nurse provides direct nursing care, treatment, and health instructions to patients in their homes.
Essential Duties: This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Assess patient's condition and initiates appropriate nursing and/or medical care in accordance with established policies, physician orders, and patient-centered goals.
* In collaboration with the patient's physician and patient, develops and implements a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
* Observes, assesses, and reports to the physician and other assigned personnel signs and symptoms of the disease process, changes in the patient's physical and/or emotional condition, and patient's response to the therapeutic regime.
* Demonstrates, teaches, and supervises the patient, family members, and/or caregivers in patient care and treatment procedures.
* Evaluates the patient's response to care updates physician and other pertinent caregivers, and reassesses on an ongoing basis the condition and needs of the patient.
* Completes required documentation according to agency policy.
* Supervises Agency Ancillary staff such as HHA and LPN, including preparing a Home Health Aide Care Plan and monitors both Home Health Aide Care Plan and Nursing Care Plan implementation.
* Maintains equipment, supplies, and environment in a safe manner.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends in nursing and home care.
* As an RN Case Manager, assures communication of patient's plan of care is carried out and goals are appropriate for patient’s condition and visit plan is effective.
* Maintains professional standards, compliance with State, Federal (CMS conditions of participation), and Joint Commission regulations, and infection control protocol by participating in in-services, staff meetings, process improvement teams, continuing education seminars when available, and adhering to the SHC expectations & standards of care guidelines.
Current RN license in the State of Michigan. Valid driver's license Proof of Auto Insurance Active American Heart Association BLS Certification upon hire.
Minimum of 1 year RN experience in acute care, long-term care, or home care OR 2 years experience as an LPN or CNA in a Long Term Care Facility.
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Excellent assessment skills
Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians, and interdisciplinary teams.
Demonstrated understanding of public health principles and practices.
Demonstrated ability to document and assemble data in the proper format
Ability to enter/exit patient homes that may/may not be handicap accessible.
Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply to Job
- RN (Per Diem - Day Shift) - HOME CARE Lansing MI 48901