Medical Surgical LVN/LPN (Federal Position)
- Air Force Civil Service
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jul. 23rd 2021
- Las Vegas, NV
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for Medical-Surgical LVN/LPN (GS-0620-05) at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. This federal job offers a rewarding and exiting career with exceptional benefits!
In this position you would serve as a practical nurse in the Medical Surgical unit at the Michael O’Callaghan Military Medical Center.
Salary $35,791 – 46,531
*Relocation/Recruitment incentive may be discussed during the interview process
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs or assists in the performance of a number of specialized medical and minor surgical procedures
- Receives the patient, reviews his/her medical history, prepares and positions the patient, and closely monitors vital signs prior to and throughout the medical procedure
- Performs electrocardiograms (EKGs), urinary catheterizations, and suctioning of trachea and assists in performing gynecological, gastrointestinal, respiratory, and ENT exams
- May collect and label urine, sputum, blood, or stool specimens and may obtain nasal, throat, and other cultures.
- Inserts and drains in-dwelling catheters, removes sutures, changes dressings, irrigates wounds, and performs venipunctures
- Calculates dosages and administers medications by oral, topical, intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular routes.
- Teaches patients and family members how patients should perform simple tests for themselves, e.g., blood sugar, hypertension, or urine and informs patients and family members about self-care.
- US Citizenship is required
- This is a drug testing position. The employee is subject to random drug testing
- Must be a licensed LVN/LPN
- Must possess and maintain a BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- The position may be identified as having regular contact with children. Must be able to pass a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check
- 6 months – 1 year of Medical Surgical experience strongly desired
This position is being filled using direct hiring authorities and can close at any time. Apply Now!
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.
Apply to Job