Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Diabetes - $1,000 Sign on Bonus
- Valley Health System
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 11th 2021
- Montvale, NJ 07645
(CMA) Under the direction of the physician, Charge RN or Manager performs direct clinical activities in a courteous, caring and respectful manner. These include patient intake, blood draw, pharmacy calls, EKG and any tests required by the physician.
- Responsible for accurately documenting in an EMR system in accordance with licensure and VMG policy and procedures.
- Maintains close working relationships with all practice staff to ensure proper workflow, care and treatment.
- (BA) Performs a variety of essential front desk activities that include greeting, registering, ensuring insurance compliance and collecting appropriate payment at time of service.
- Responsible for maintaining the daily patient schedule and answers all incoming calls that results in scheduling an appointment, medication refills or pass along inquiries from a clinical or billing nature, in a courteous, caring and respective manner.
- Coordinates with the clinical staff on any special needs or requirements and ensuring proper patient flow.
- Supports the Practice and professional staff as directed or requested by Practice Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a formal Medical Assistant program that is recognized by the State of New Jersey. Certification required. Completion of formal coursework in office management, database management or business. Computer literacy required.
Previous MA experience in a clinic, physician’s office or outpatient setting preferred. Six (6) months of previous customer service/data entry, administrative/office management/clerical experience required.
Current and valid certification as a certified medical assistant or registered medical assistant recognized by the Board of Examiners such as American Medical Technology (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required.
- BCLS certification preferred upon hire, will be required.
- Understanding of the operations of a medical practice preferred.
- Strong orientation towards the provisions of high quality, cost effective and comprehensive medical care.
- Ability to use effective organizational and time management skills to set priorities and respond quickly to urgent/emergent situations.
- Strong communication–both oral, written and presentation skills to convey information in a clear and concise manner to persons of varied age groups, customers and/or groups.
- Ability to create, maintain and support a high functioning team; establish and foster cooperative working relationships with staff and management; and function effectively as part of that team.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful, and compassionate at all times.
- Demonstrates ability to listen and respond in a non-judgmental manner, with clear expectations.
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the Valley Health System’s Behavioral Standards, as well as the Valley Physician Services Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ability to represent the organization positively at all times.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of private healthcare, financial and other company information at all times. Ability to honor commitments to the job and members of the team.
- Ability to speak constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Ability to assume responsibilities and accountability for job duties and organizational responsibilities.
- Ability to support company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of patient/customer satisfaction, as evidenced by (but not limited to) customer/patient satisfaction survey scores and other organizational and System’s targets.
Position may require rotating to other VMG locations from time to time when necessary.
Apply to Job