LPN or RN
- Covenant Village
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 12th 2021
- Gastonia, NC 28054
STARTING WAGES HAVE INCREASED!
Do you want to work at a place where it feels like your "Home Away from Home"? Covenant Village is that place. We work by our Mission and Core Values (CV CARES: Community, Vision, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety) which embraces the pure essence of what created Covenant Village and what will continue moving us forward as an Employer of Choice.
We are currently hiring for Full-time and Part-time LPN Floor Nurses.
For Full-time Employees we offer a competitive pay with shift differentials, a compensation package that includes eligibility for health, vision and dental coverage, eligibility for the 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance, short term disability and long term disability, and we offer Paid Time Off.
For Part-time Employees we offer a competitive pay with shift differentials, a compensation package that includes eligibility for the 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time off. Other benefits for both Full-time and Part-time include Wellness Center privileges, meals at a reduced cost, awards & recognition, and leadership and professional development opportunities.
To perform and manage the diversified duties involved in providing Resident care in the Health Center. Is expected to be capable of adequately managing resident care responsibilities, as well as personnel and administrative responsibilities at the direction of the Director of Nursing and the associated supervisors. Works under the supervision or has access to an RN at all times.
- Assigns, directs, and evaluates the work of the assigned CNA’s.
- Handles the performance management of the CNA’s, when needed.
- Manages CNA time-off requests.
- Carries out administrative and Resident care duties as directed by the Director of Nursing (D.O.N.) or Nursing Supervisor.
- Abides by department and Covenant Village policies and procedures and interprets them to personnel, Residents, medical staff, and visitors.
- Assumes supervisory duties in absence of Nursing Supervisor.
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action.
- Gives and receives reports.
- Answers telephone inquiries.
- Takes and transcribes physicians’ orders.
- Performs, supervises and assists with Resident care as needed to insure proper nursing care.
- Manages and assists with feeding of the Residents, as needed.
- Checks Resident charts for specific treatments and medication orders. Checks and gives medications, gives treatments, and performs other professional services as ordered and required.
- Gives emergency treatment when required and notifies the physician of emergency and carries out physician’s orders.
- Reviews Resident’s plan of care with physician; makes rounds with and assists physician if needed.
- Notifies physician of changes in a Resident’s condition and/or any unusual or abnormal observations.
- Carries out restorative and rehabilitative programs for Residents. Conducts resident rounds as assigned to assess Resident issues and report them to the Nursing Supervisor or D.O.N. and take the necessary follow-up action as directed by an RN.
- Instructs Resident in self-care and rehabilitation as directed by an RN.
- Attempts to fulfill spiritual and psychological needs of Residents when more qualified persons are not available.
- Directs and coordinates department cleaning and care of equipment with Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Attends In-service meetings and any workshops as directed.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations as it pertains Long Term Care.
- Assists with orientation, instruction, and supervision of other nursing personnel.
- Evaluates Residents needs and conditions to assist in the development of individual care plans.
- Admits and orients new Residents and relatives. Checks identification and reviews Resident’s medical history. Checks physician’s orders and pre-admission information. Arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by Resident’s physician. Orders prescribed medications, supplies, and equipment. Sends diet orders to the Food Service Department. Submits all admission forms to the RN for review and signature.
- Verifies the Resident chart is in good order.
- Completes assigned Resident Monthly Summary forms.
- Adheres to facility infection control standards.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment, linens, emergency drugs, etc. as needed.
- Maintains all necessary records. Performs charting duties. Maintains controlled drug records. Completes medical chart forms as necessary.
- Obtains continuing education relating to the long-term care field of nursing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management in a cooperative manner.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as well as works by the Covenant Village CV CARES Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must be able to work every other weekend..
- College or Nursing school diploma and a valid North Carolina nurses license (LPN) required.
- At least 2 years Nursing experience preferred.
- Experience supervising others and working with the elderly population is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, politely and professionally with Residents, staff, families, and guests.
- Capable of adequately managing Resident care responsibilities, as well as personnel and administrative responsibilities at the direction of the Director of Nursing and the associated supervisors.
- Able to read normal print (with or without corrective lenses).
- Must be agile, efficient, able to physically assist Residents, comfortable pushing and pulling Residents in a wheelchair and able to balance, climb, crouch, pull, push, reach, stand for long periods of time, stoop, lift 40 pounds, and perform repetitive movements.
- Able to follow instructions, give attention to detail and work well with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, as well as chemical and respiratory hazards. Individual may be exposed to Bloodborne Pathogens. Adequate and proper safety training and equipment will be provided.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Covenant Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply to Job
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Gastonia NC 28054