Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Covenant Village
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 12th 2021
- Gastonia, NC 28054
STARTING WAGES HAVE INCREASED!
Join our team and discover the great benefits of working for a wonderful organization. Do you want to work somewhere where it feels like your "Home Away from Home"? Covenant Village is that place. We work by our Mission and Core Values (CV CARES: Community, Vision, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety) which embraces the pure essence of what created Covenant Village and what will continue moving us forward as an Employer of Choice. STARTING WAGES HAVE BEEN INCREASED!
We are currently hiring for Full-time and Part-time CNA's.
For Full-time Employees we offer a competitive pay with shift differentials, a compensation package that includes eligibility for health, vision and dental coverage, eligibility for the 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance, short term disability and long term disability, and we offer Paid Time Off.
For Part-time Employees we offer a competitive pay with shift differentials, a compensation package that includes eligibility for the 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time off. Other benefits for both Full-time and Part-time include Wellness Center privileges, meals at a reduced cost, awards & recognition, and leadership and professional development opportunities.
To perform the diversified duties involved in providing Resident care in the Health Center.
- Works cooperatively with Residents, co-workers, physicians, family members and guests.
- Performs basic nursing skills.
- Assumes accountability for compliance with Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines as applied to Long Term Care.
- Keeps things neat and orderly on each assigned wing as well as within each Resident room.
- Manages extra linen and soiled linen from Resident rooms.
- Wakes and dresses Residents daily.
- Provides or assists with the Residents daily and after meals basic grooming needs.
- Assures Residents are covered when going to and from other areas.
- Dresses and assists Residents with bedtime needs.
- Makes frequent rounds to check incontinent Residents.
- Empties catheter bags and records the output.
- Assists Residents to and from the dining room, opening items as necessary, and assists with feeding any who require help.
- Returns food trays to the kitchen promptly.
- Distributes and documents nourishments.
- Records resident care per shift.
- Notifies floor nurse before leaving assigned wing.
- Assists with proper training of new Employees.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management in a cooperative manner.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as well as works by the Covenant Village CV CARES Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must be able to work every other weekend.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED and a valid North Carolina Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Work experience, CPR certification and working with the elderly population is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, politely and professionally with Residents, staff, families and guests.
- Able to read normal print (with or without corrective lenses).
- Must be agile, efficient, able to physically assist Residents, comfortable pushing and pulling Residents in a wheelchair and able to balance, climb, crouch, pull, push, reach, stand for long periods of time, stoop, lift 40 pounds, and perform repetitive movements.
- Able to follow instructions, give attention to detail and work well with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, as well as chemical and respiratory hazards. Individual may be exposed to Bloodborne Pathogens. Adequate and proper safety training and equipment will be provided.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Covenant Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply to Job
- LPN or RN Gastonia NC 28054