Sr. LVN Supervisor - Clark Urology
- UCLA Health
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 21st 2022
- Los Angeles, CA
Under the general supervision ofthe Administrative Nurse III, the Senior LVN Supervisor provides nursingsupport and leadership in the Department of Urology clinic(s). Major duties include: develop work assignmentand work coverage plans, facilitate patient flow, coordinate day to dayphysician clinic and supervise floor schedule; assist with maintaininginventory of supplies and equipment (including identifying equipment requiringservice or repair), provide patient care in an outpatient setting, assist withurologic procedures such as cystoscopies and bladder installations, startI.V.s, perform venipuncture, administer medications and manage patient flow.The incumbent spends a significant portion of time training staff andcontributing to the development and implementation of nursing educationalprograms for the clinic staff. Supervisory responsibilities include work assignment, managing time offrequests and work coverage, coordinating training, work review, and assistingwith identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and customerservice, as well as assisting with development and implementation of actionplans for improvement. Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
* Ability to assist with cystoscopy examination.
* Demonstrated treatment skills including catheterizations
and bladder installations.
* Knowledge and understanding of medical diagnostic and
* Demonstrated ability to perform patient assessments and
take appropriate action.
* Knowledge of specific treatment protocols to be utilized.
* Skill at setting up and maintaining sterile fields.
* Skill at effectively communicating with patients,
physicians, staff and the public.
* Skill at speaking to persons with various backgrounds to
obtain information, explain procedures and interpret instructions.
* Ability to write concise and clear progress notes.
* Ability to perform with frequent interruptions and respond
to changing priorities and deadlines.
* Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities and ability to complete multiple
* Skill in working independently and following through
assignments with minimal direction and in setting priorities which accurately
reflect the relative importance of staff assignments.
* Ability to meet and maintain one's professional needs.
* Ability to work with patients, physicians and nursing
staff in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to maximize clinic
* Ability to work as part of a team and establish
cooperative working relationships with administrators, doctors, peers and
* Ability to triage and resolve patient and clinical
* Knowledge and experience in administering intramuscular
and oral medication and monitoring I.V.
* Skill in assessing staffing needs and reassigning nursing
personnel accordingly for both patient safety and clinical practice needs.
* Ability to assess inventory levels.
* Ability to promote
effective communication to faculty concerning a typical clinic events or
* Experience with varied computer hardware and software
including word processing, spreadsheets and database programs and the UCLA
Hospital EMR System
* Expertise in speaking clearly and distinctly, in both
Spanish and English, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar, to obtain and
convey information to patients and individuals at various organizational
levels, both in person and over the phone.
* Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically
with patients, their families, and the general public in a high volume,
continuous public contact setting.
* Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, high stress
* Ability to exhibit flexibility in adjusting to changing
demands and requirements of the position.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply to Job