Certified Medical Assistant $4,000+ Bonus
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic - 41 Clinics in Oregon and Washington
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posted Date:
- Jan. 24th 2023
- Kennewick, WA 99336
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $4,000 in first paycheck and $1,000 at 12 months of employment.
- $19-$23/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Performs various administrative and clinical duties under the direct supervision of a Provider. Acts as a liaison between patients and physicians, interacting with patients to collect data and provide information. Works directly with healthcare Providers to maintain patient records, collect test samples, and assist in basic examinations.
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical history, current status including vital signs, medical treatments and medication provided. Reviews and updates patient immunization records.
- Prepares for patient visits. Reviews the patient file, including requests for labs, referrals and correspondence. Verifies and ensures necessary reports are present. Provides updates to Provider team as needed.
- Collaborates with Providers to ensure efficiency of schedules and continuity of care. Discusses patients scheduled for the day including pre-visit prep.
- Prepares and maintains patient exam rooms, ensuring that appropriate supplies are in the room and that necessary equipment is present and sterilized.
- Prepares patient for examinations, explaining medical treatment procedures as needed.
- Provides limited education and/or coaching for patients within scope. This includes discharge information and/or responding to follow-up questions. Instructs patients about medication and possible allergic reactions.
- Responds to patients’ questions and concerns in person and via email exchange. If the question is outside of scope, directs inquiries to appropriate person.
- Assists physician during examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries.
- Anticipates Providers’ needs and manages Providers’ requests.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens. Completes screenings. Collects and reviews patient data per protocol. Follows up on test results as directed by healthcare Providers. Documents specimens collected and results in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Prepares and administers medication as directed by a physician.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency approved by the US Department of Education is required. Graduation from a medical assisting training program (may be a one-year certificate/diploma program or a two-year Associate Degree program) that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). This training program must be comprised of at least 720 hours of medical assistant training, including at least 160 hours in a clinical externship.
- Experience: One year’s experience as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current CPR certification required within 90 days of hire. Certifications must be maintained and remain current. Must have Medical Assistant Certification from the WA State Department of Health.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Medical knowledge to understand the theories, reasons and technical aspects of medicine. Strong people skills to handle different personalities, backgrounds and personal situations. Strong multi-tasking ability to handle the variety and pace of work. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Epic and EMR.
Click the apply button to be directed to our applicant system.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
Apply to Job